• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Trainee Retaking CA Exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAJonb

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
California
Hi,

I looked everyone for a definitive answer and my supervisor was as uncertain as am I so Im bringing it up here. I am a trainee in California, passed the exam in 07/06 and am finally about to finish up my hours. I was looking at the OREA site regarding upcoming upgrade and it sounds like (according to the text below), that I have to retake the test if I am a trainee and applying for an upgrade after 01/08? Am I missing something? Why would I have to take the test again?
Thanks,

jon

Effective January 1, 2008
In addition to the above requirements, applications to upgrade a Trainee License to the Residential License level received on or after January 1, 2008, must include a completed Basic Education Attachment (REA 3002) documenting the 2008 basic education requirements for the Residential License, along with copies of transcripts or course completion certificates. Additionally, all applicants upgrading from the Trainee License to the Residential License after January 1, 2008, will be required to pass the 2008 Residential License level examination. Upon approval of an application, OREA will issue an Admission to Examination Letter (see Examination and Issuance on page 18).

Last edited:

Jalexi

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Is CA a "Firm or "Segmented" State? I found this on the OREA web site

The Office of Real Estate Appraisers has adopted an approach that permits applicants to
file applications prior to January 1, 2008, documenting the completion of one component
(for example, the education component) under the criteria in effect at the time and to
complete the remaining components on or after January 1, 2008, provided those
components comply with the revised criteria.

If you didn't file an application documenting your education than it looks like you will have to meet the 2008 education requirements.

It doesn't look like you have to take the trainee exam again, you just have to pass the new 2008 RL exam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks