• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Trainees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I never saw a definitive answer to this so I called DBPR today. Sorry if I missed the answer, but in case you need to know:

The new designation for trainee appraisers was effective as of July 1, 2003. As of today (9/8/2003), the only acceptable designations are:

State Registered Trainee Appraiser

OR

Trainee

Nothing else is legal at the moment. No abbreviation is acceptable. Future meetings of the FREAB rules working group will apparently finish deciding the details of all the rules and then there will be a comment period before they all become official.

Anyhow, now we know. Okay, at least now I know 'cause all y'all probably knew all along and just didn't wanna tell me! :D

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi All,

It's reassuring to see you were able to get a correct answer out of the DBPR.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I've yet to see one report with the correct identificaiton of the status.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Unless a Florida appraiser is involved with this forum or regularly attends and is involved with the Board, none of them know about the change.

I really do wish the Board would send out regular newsletters again!

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Originally posted by Pamela Crowley (Florida)@Sep 9 2003, 07:30 AM
I really do wish the Board would send out regular newsletters again!
I agree. I thought there was an idea kicking around to start sending the newletters via e-mail.

Unless you are aware enough to go to MYFLORIDA.COM and look up and changes or you have already taken the new 3 hour portion of the Florida Law CE, how would the average appraiser know there has been a change? :question:

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi All,

The last electronic Newsletter was posted in June, 2002.

For those of you interested in being informed of FREAB, Division of Real Estate and DBPR News in a more timely manner, or via printed medium, please put something in writing to:

Cynthia Wright, Chairman
Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board
Division of Real Estate
400 West Robinson Street
Suite N809
Orlando, Florida 32801

Jason Steele, Director
Division of Real Estate
400 West Robinson Street
Suite N809
Orlando, Florida 32801

Diane Carr, Secretary
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1027

By the way, now online is the full text of the recently amended Chapter 475. CLICK HERE!!

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Frank,

Thank you for the addresses. Letters will be on the way tomorrow.

Also, thanks for the link. I'll take a look in my first spare moment..........no, wait, that's called bedtime........well, as soon as I can!

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
State
Florida
I have recently done my 5 review which the trainee had it wrong, I note it on the review, that the designation has changed after 07/01/2003, But my question is on 2 of these reports the supervisor is only License, not certified, when do they have get an upgrade, and please do not tell that they just get a licence upgrade without going through the same thing all the rest of us did.

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hey Dan are you serious? a trainee supervised by a licensee. It would appear that you are on the hook by being the only cert on record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks