• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Transferring Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlyn Stuart

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Does anyone know how to transfer an Alamode report to a CD?

:eyecrazy:

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
The easiest way is to go through you CD writer and copy the .ZAP file for the specific file you want.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Caitlyn - go to your cd and create a new folder. Copy whatever you named it. Then go to the file cabinet in Wintotal and attach a new directory using the options pull down menu. Name the new directory:

D:\whatever you called it on your cd ..........of course d represents whichever drive you use for your cd drive.

That is how I use my CDRW drive and it works great. I had to call tech support to have them explain how the first time. Just be sure that the name is the same on the cd folder and the directory.

Michael

Caitlyn Stuart

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Michael,

WinTotal won't allow me to open the report. I'm getting garbeled text.

I get a message that says "Wintotal cannot open reports in attached directories. Please move or copy the report into a standard file cabinet (yellow) folder so you can open it form there"

I talked to tech support today who stated their software does not allow you to copy reports to a CD.

Go figure........................................ :(

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Caitlyn - that's a little weird that they would say that. Once you set up the directory and insert the reports into the folder on your CD, it should work fine. You cannot open them directly from the disk, you have to move or copy them back to the computer (I always move them to the new requests folder, but it could be any folder on your hard drive). I find that moving is better than copying, because for some reason that I cannot figure out, certain data goes away when you copy. I just move the reports back and forth, and it works easily. You just can't open them directly off your disk for some reason.

Michael

Caitlyn Stuart

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Thanx Michael,

That's what I was trying to do - open the reports from the CD.

C. Stuart ;)

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Carol...you are such a, ahhhhhh, girl! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

John Wilson

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Originally posted by Michael Stone@Jun 14 2003, 05:42 PM
You just can't open them directly off your disk for some reason.

Can you attach the "D" drive as a directory through the "Requester"?

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
John - that is what I am saying to do. For some reason the way Athena is set up only allows reports to be opened off the hard drive. You can move them back and forth easily after you attach the directory, you just have to put them on the hard drive to view/change them.

Michael

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
They have to be in "Work In Progress" to open them, at least on my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks