• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Treated Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suz-E

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I did a search, nothing comes up, so here's my question.

Did an FHA inspection of a ranch on a slab today, in which the soffits have just been replaced. They were replaced with treated wood. All I know about treated wood is that it istreated with chemicals to protect against rot and such. Soooo, my question is does FHA allow treated wood to remain exposed? I don't see anything in the manual, which I've read several times and read more today, then did a search on the web...with no results. Anyone have experience with this before?

Thanks in advance.:peace:

fritzvogel

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
I don't think it would affect the "health, saftey or marketability" of the subject. Soffits are vented to the attic then (hopefully with ridge vents) to the atmosphere, or side vents. Some one did a good thing, plain old pine would only last 5-10 years untreated depending on geographic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks