• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Tropical/hurricane Hermine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Anyone else have to cancel/reschedule appointments?

My kids were "encouraged" to get out of school early Wed (St Pete Beach) because of the storm. School was cancelled today and now again tomorrow.

I had to cancel my 2 appointments for today (Thur - also VERY accepted by both agents; rescheduled for next week)

My morning inspection for Friday; the contact asked if I can push it to next week

Next week, already a pretty busy week, just got a helluva lot busier! And this week, got a helluva lot more messed up!

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Been 11 years since a Florida landfall. Remember all those doomsday predictions in 2005 how we would see frequent huge storms because of climate change?
image2_650.jpg

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Hahaha! Yes! And when I moved here (8/2006) all my friends and family told me how crazy I was b/c of "all the hurricanes" in FL

I'll take "all the hurricanes" vs blizzards/snow storms from back home any year of the decade! (pun on "any day of the week")

Thankfully where my family and I live, we're ok, although the rainfall avg for the area in a 24 hr period (Wed/Thur) was approx. 7"

It is a mess out there, but I'm glad we are where we are

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I just heard 200,000 people without power. I believe I heard 68% of the people in Tallahassee without power.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I didn't schedule anything for Thu / Fri. Too much uncertainty as to where / when. Probably could have scheduled for today as it turns out. Guess I'll go cut the grass.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I didn't schedule anything for Thu / Fri. Too much uncertainty as to where / when. Probably could have scheduled for today as it turns out. Guess I'll go cut the grass.
How'd you fair your way, Tom? You're along the Nature Coast, no? The local news have been talking about Citrus/Hernando/Pasco getting high storm surges and flooding. It's pretty calm right now here in St Pete

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
2016storm.JPG
The street I usually turn down to go to my kids school on St Pete Beach (8/31/16 around 1:30pm)
Lots of streets/intersections have been like this over the past couple days throughout the area.
Wednesday's relentless rain has been the worst, in my particular area/neighborhood, but I know they're talking about storm surges and tons of flooding along the coast.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
How'd you fair your way, Tom? You're along the Nature Coast, no? The local news have been talking about Citrus/Hernando/Pasco getting high storm surges and flooding. It's pretty calm right now here in St Pete

Crystal River is pretty well shut down. Everything west of 19 is flooded, and 19 is shut down (or at least was) from Crystal River to Homosassa. Highest winds we got were 54mph. I suspect I'm going to be doing a LOT of disaster inspections. I didn't lose any utilities until about 4:30 am when Brighthouse went down. It was back by 9:30 though.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Crazy! We lost power for brief periods a couple of times, but nothing substantial.

I agree, the disaster inspections may be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks