• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

"Two Story" manufactured homes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-man

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I thought I've seen just about everything someone can do to a manufactured home, but I was pulled up short today when I was in the Estral Beach area of Berlin Township just north of Monroe. I had an order to due an REO on a manufactured home. Turns out it is a raised ranch type of thing, with a cinder block foundation with the manf home sitting on top of it. Built in 2 car garage and the start of finish work on the lower level. I could still see the steel undercarriage of the home. What a nightmare. But, apparently many people in this neighborhood think this is just wonderful, as I counted about ten other homes similar to the subject. Of course, none had sold recently, but now I don't have to explain why this is unique to the area. :) Finding comps might be more difficult, however. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Mary Tiernan

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Michigan
Hey, not to worry - got plenty of comps over here north of Grand Rapids.

Homeowner interview on my last one they said it is a bi-level. LOL

Narkissos

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I know that area VERY well. Say Hi to Bernie. I do not believe you will have as much trouble as you are anticipating finding comparables.

hglenbetts

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I've got one very similar in my market. A "double wide" on a tall, block foundation, turned into a Bi-level (split entry), with a garage in the lower level. :shrug:

Professional Status
State
Michigan
...But, apparently many people in this neighborhood think this is just wonderful, as I counted about ten other homes similar to the subject...

Hey, at least they are "keeping up with the Jones"!! :rof:

Good luck~

Lee McClish

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Ok I've done a few 2 story modular homes. Try finding comps for those!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks