• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Typical House With Former Small Furniture Manufacturing Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcpllc

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Mississippi
Got an FHA with 2 several thousand SF metal buildings on site with lots of trash/junk stacked up inside. Borrower says former owner was manufacturing furniture on the site. Lots of drums and old tires scattered in and on thee metal buildings. Should I require a Phase I and make the report subject to a clean environmental bill of health?

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
You don't require anything...you recommend.

Exactly. Consider what would be used in furniture manufacturing. Various type of adhesives, stains, solvents, formaldehyde and depending how old the facility is you could have numerous chemicals that are either more highly regulated or not used today due to changes in regulations. Better to be safe than sorry.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Agree, with the above.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Junk. Caveat it away. Like above, you "Require" nothing. It is the lender's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks