• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Udsa Section 502 Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Little

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
USDA Section 502 Pilot.

If you are appraising a manufactured home for a USDA loan check with the lender to see if it is a UDSA Rural Development Section 502 Pilot program loan. Typically, FHA guidelines are used for USDA loans. If it is under this Pilot program (limited to certain states and certain applicants) there are additional requirements; specifically, the home has to be built after January 1, 2006. I am sending feelers out to the administrator of the program to see if there are any other differences that appraisers should be aware of. You can't make the assumption that a manufactured home qualifies for all USDA loans just because it meets FHA criteria.

William Little

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I tried to edit the post title to correct the typo, but the forum would not let me :(

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
If I recall correctly, USDA loans on new HUD code homes but not on existing. I may be mistaken and they may have changed their policy.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
tried to edit the post title to correct the typo,
Titles are opposed to all caps so FHA looks like FHA unless you type it F H A ...It's not your fault and you can't really fix it. Quirk of the site software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks