• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Unknown SF and Form 1007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Trying to complete a form 1007 with very limited data. I have found only 3 properties after calling all available sources. Problem is on one of the three properties, the owner doesn't know the SF, and the city doesn't have records. Rental prices in this area fluctuate more as a function of # of bedrooms than SF, so a SF adjustment wouldn't be used anyway. Do you think it will fly to put "unknown" in the SF box?

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Is this a SF for a comp??? How about measuring the comp when you shoot the photo ??

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Not a sale comp, a rental comp.

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
Some states don't disclose living area of properties. I worked in one for several years. You had to drive by your comps/rentals and guess how big it was while you were there. My preferred method was to use a measuring stick and measure the length from the street, then try my best to get along side of the house and measure the width, peering behind it to look for any additions, etc., sticking out. I think most appraisers just guessed.

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
If you have already talked to the owner, why not get permission to measure the property. If I had to put "unknown" on a rental comp I would not use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks