• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Upgrade To Acrobat 6.0 Proffessional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
I got a flyer that lets me upgrade to Acrobat 6.0
for $149. The intriging improvement is Scan....paper
documents into Adobe PDF files with one command to
create electronic archives more efficiently and they're
protected.

Anybody working with 6.0? Can I just dump a report into
a feeding scanner and produce a reasonably sized
pdf file?

elliott

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Elliot,

I scan with my adobe 4.05. Whats actually new about 6.0?

Mary Caffey

Sophomore Member
Nah--- Adobe is Adobe----- I hate to tinker with my 'puter when it's working right---------

If'n it ain't broke don't fixit
:eyecrazy:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I run 5.0, scans, prints great. No upgrade needed. I guess if you were someone who dealt with extreme graphics or large volume, it might be worth an upgrade. Otherwise, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Roger

David Mullen

Amazon.com has it at a pre-release price of $99 after $50 rebate. At that price, you get free shipping too.

I am thinking about it too but would have to have a real good reason to buy it while 5.05 works so well.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Originally posted by ElliottReed@May 5 2003, 02:33 PM
Can I just dump a report into a feeding scanner and produce a reasonably sized pdf file?
Why scan in a printed report? Just print to Adobe, its faster and simpler. I haven't tried it but I would suspect file size is smaller too. But I can and do scan into Adobe with 4.0 sometimes.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't upgrade software unless I really need too. Meaning they it doesn't work correctly and the new versions has fixed the problem. Or they have enough new features to really make it worth it.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Toolbox allows me to save as .pdf, but I can do the same thing by changing the printer to acrobat...ditto.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
PDF. Why print to paper at all? My$.002. :lol:

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
I didn't see much to make me want to upgrade to version 6 from version 4. The major items in version 6 look to be (1) enhanced interactive Acrobat forms, if you wanted to set up web based appraisal form or survey that would allow you to directly capture the data. (2) One button scanning into PDFs from paper documents if you wanted to convet all your old appraisals into PDFs so you could throw out the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks