• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Upgrading to Certified/Interview Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debra

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Hello, In a few days, I'll be going to Nashville for my interview with the Appraisal Commission to upgrade from licensed to certified. What questions might I be asked???...Thanks!

Mack McClain

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
There's an interview to upgrade to certified residential in TN???

Debra

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
That's what I've been instructed to do and I have an interview monday! I've been licensed since 2001. I had a volunteer interview at 500 experience hours as a trainee, then an interview in 2001 to get licensed, and now I'm required to have another one to upgrade to certified...

Mack McClain

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Is there a test involved in the process?

Debra

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Yes, I already took and passed the state certification test about a month ago....

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Debra, i wouldnt be too concerned. I did this about 4 months ago. You know how it is, they are always pushed for time, so it lasted 5 minutes max. They asked some general questions about the reports i submitted, that was it. I dont remember the commisioners name whom i had, it was the african american fellow, a very very nice man. He asked me about my cost appraoch figures, final opinion of value, that was basically it. He didnt ask to see a copy of my workfile. In fact, when i saw which of my three reports he was going to question me on, i went to get my copy out of my briefcase, he told me not to even bother..
The biggest issue was having to stay in a hotel for the night before.
Dont be concerned

Dean

Debra

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Thanks Dean! for your reply and details!!! The director told me that they are over-booked (something like that) for this month. So, maybe I'll have it as good as you did. I have a close friend who also got the man that you did a few months ago and She passed the interview too. Then again, I have another friend who went in December and got somebody else and he did not pass his interview. So, maybe it has something to do with who you meet with? Anyways, I'll be glad when it's done...

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Debra, have you been down there yet?
How did it go

Debra

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Yes, and I passed the interview/audit. So, as soon as I get the paperwork, I'll be upgraded from licensed to Certified Residential. Thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks