• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Urgent Crystal Ball Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragonrea

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Underwriter wants to know when the declining market will end? My crystal ball is broken, can somebody please look at theirs and tell me. The market area is new construction condominium in downtown Miami. Made the same crystal ball comment to the LO and they told me the UW was serious about the appraiser providing an estimated time frame. If I could tell that I would not be an appraiser.

Caligirl

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Underwriter wants to know when the declining market will end? My crystal ball is broken, can somebody please look at theirs and tell me. The market area is new construction condominium in downtown Miami. Made the same crystal ball comment to the LO and they told me the UW was serious about the appraiser providing an estimated time frame. If I could tell that I would not be an appraiser.

Are you serious? :rof:

NAR has made some predictions-maybe you could quote some of their info. I think they've finally admitted that we are in a down cycle.

http://www.realtor.org/research/index.html

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
That is the most ridiculous request I have ever heard of.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Reply that you have consulted with Casper the Ghost and believe it will end some time during the next 25 years.

Suz-E

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Tell them, "Sometime in the future."

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Just think... they have reproductive organs and do often breed.

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
Why not just quote them a fee for what they are asking? Tell them that you would need to consult with experts in predicting the future before developing an opinion. You will need to pay consultants in Tarot card reading, Ouija boards, crystal balls, a few mystics, a physic or two, couple professors of economics and a couple of Republicans and Democrats. You could stand to make 20 large on their request.

john snyder

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Ask em if they have seen Dorothy or maybe Aunt Em.

Or just tell em Yogi said "it ain't over till its over."

jbs

Cob

Professional Status
State
Texas
I would just tell them July 17, 2008 at 1:38 pm eastern standard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks