• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USDA appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbie graham

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hi, has anyone done a USDA appraisal? Any Inspection reg.s'?
Thanks
Debbie

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Use the same Valuation Conditions as an FHA appraisal.

Scott R Marshall

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Do whatever HUD says. If you haven't done FHA work before, turn it down or get competent in that area before you inspect.

Steve Forstner

Professional Status
State
Michigan
My locality also has a certification sheet that is required. Your local USDA office should be able to provide it.

debbie graham

Professional Status
State
Florida
Usda

Thanks, I spoke with local USDA staff appraiser and he did confirm that it is just like FHA. I am FHA certified ( 7 years ). He did not mention any certification.
Deb:)

wegoswmissouri

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Missouri
Hi Deb....USDA appraisals have certain guidelines you must follow. You first must be FHA certified...if you are..go to http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/...then go up to the search box in upper right corner..and type...appraisal guidlines...and start reading...

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Source?

Hi Deb....USDA appraisals have certain guidelines you must follow. You first must be FHA certified...if you are..go to http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/...then go up to the search box in upper right corner..and type...appraisal guidlines...and start reading...

Linky no worky.

I have never seen anything in writing stating that you need to be on the FHA approved list to complete a USDA appraisal report. Just determine if the subject property meets HUD Minimum Property Standards for existing dwellings as outlined in the HUD handbook 4150.2.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
The ones that I have done, the lender told me I must be an FHA Appraiser - since I am, it didn't metter, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks