• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USDA Inspection Report/Rural Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Just got another different order sent to me. It has a USDA Inspection Report attached to it for existing home. Also a Rural Development form for GRH financing.

Now I not a home inspector. Doesn't this need to be filled out by a home inspector? Not the Appraiser.

the note on the order says do as a conventional appraial, but fill out the two Forms.

:?

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
This is all the information on the form; USDA /Wi AN 1615

The GRH says: GRH program based on HUD Guidelines. Guide Lines in HUD handbook 4150.2 and 4905.1.

:eek:

rtubbs

Well DUH! (that's HUD spelled backward), GRH stands for Guaranteed Rural Housing. sorry 'bout that Ray; but I still don't know what the form is.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Ray...did USDA send you the request? I'm a USDA contractor, and have been for a few years......never saw anything like that! I'd go back to the requester for clarification.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Anyone else ever notice that newly certified appraisers get a lot of very strange orders that don't give an appraiser everything they really do need and forms that are not typical????

I think new appraisers are sometimes chosen to do things that experienced appraisers won't do.

I don't know anything about those forms.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Pam,

I think your right. I think they try and see what they can get buy with. After all it's not their name on the bottom line.

I am thankful for this site and the experience appraisers that are helping here. I am also very thankful for the mentor, that is working with me. Not many would take the time or effort to take on a new person. :D

We had the same thing in my old profession at www.horseshoes.com, helping new farriers, old farriers and horse owners. :D

I have been one to say what goes around, comes around. If you are will to help out, then some where, some time in your life or maybe the here after, you will find the same kind of help. I don't think no one can stand alone forever. "Only the rocks are forever" and then they crumble to dust. :wink:

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Ray, let me make a suggestion. I recently got my foot in the door with the local USDA office and have been appraising for them regularly. Now if I have a question I simply call the local office and just ask them what they want/need. Then I tell the lender what Mr. Rice said _____ and do it that way. That would be the simple way to resolve your problem, go straight to the horses mouth (so to speak).

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
The mortgage company sent the forms with the appraisal order.

It ask if the dwelling meets rural Development thermal Standards.

The amout of ceiling insulatition. If it is R-38

All Windosw have storms or a lesat 2 layers of glass. Dwelling has storm doors or insulated doors on all entrances.

the band joist (all boxes) have been insulated to R-20.

Heat ducts in unheated craw spaces have been insulated. All accessible craw space area must have a vapor barrier covering the ground.

Wall cavities will no be opened, there fore, additional wall insulation is not economically feasible.

Dwelling is structurally sound, functionally adequate and in good repair.

The dwelling has adequate electrical, plumbing heating domestic water and wastewater disposal systems and meets all the requirements of the HUD Handbook 4150.2 and 4905.1.

If no on any please list what would be needed. List and number the required repairs.

That is what is on the USDA/WI AN No. 1615

Would not this kind of information be outside the work of an appraiser. :?

The mortgage company stated on the order to do a normal appraisal, but be sure and fill out and follow the forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks