• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Usda To FHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdiewald

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Client ordered USDA appraisal. A week after the appraisal was submitted the same client told me it has been changed to FHA and they need the case number added. I saw an older thread concerning the issue but wanted some more recent feedback and guidance. Thanks in advance.

Marty Boone

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Cost approach is now only required at the lender's request, other than that it shouldn't be an issue as long as you did the inspection per FHA / USDA guidelines. There are exceptions permitted for the inspection date to be prior to the date that the case number has been assigned. The main issue is when the assignment is engaged as a conventional and then changed to FHA, when this is happens it is up to the appraiser to determine whether they inspected the property to FHA guidelines. Personally, I never do an FHA inspection when I am not required to do so and with that being the case I will always request that a new order be assigned. I offer a discount on the new order, not too much, but enough to get the new order because..... well just because I've already done the work and they dropped the ball.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Check USPAP on the Order Change / New Assignment

bdiewald

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Cost approach is now only required at the lender's request, other than that it shouldn't be an issue as long as you did the inspection per FHA / USDA guidelines. There are exceptions permitted for the inspection date to be prior to the date that the case number has been assigned. The main issue is when the assignment is engaged as a conventional and then changed to FHA, when this is happens it is up to the appraiser to determine whether they inspected the property to FHA guidelines. Personally, I never do an FHA inspection when I am not required to do so and with that being the case I will always request that a new order be assigned. I offer a discount on the new order, not too much, but enough to get the new order because..... well just because I've already done the work and they dropped the ball.
I performed the USDA inspection the same as I would for FHA. I guess my real concern is the FHA case number assigned after the effective date of my appraisal. I take it my solution is a new assignment, with new effective date?

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I performed the USDA inspection the same as I would for FHA. I guess my real concern is the FHA case number assigned after the effective date of my appraisal. I take it my solution is a new assignment, with new effective date?

That is allowed per HUD/FHA as long as the Lender can show evidence the original appraisal report was ordered before the FHA case # was assigned. Look into some of the old Mortgagee Letters in 2009.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
New assignment in any event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks