• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Using Total Mobile's Voice Recording Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackimoya

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I love this feature as an easy/fast/accurate way to take notes when asking the owner/borrower about upgrades to their property. However, I'm concerned that I may be breaking California law? (It's a "two-party" state and I have not been asking if it's okay to record the conversations). It seems that the deciding factor is if the conversation is confidential, or not?

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I love this feature as an easy/fast/accurate way to take notes when asking the owner/borrower about upgrades to their property. However, I'm concerned that I may be breaking California law? (It's a "two-party" state and I have not been asking if it's okay to record the conversations). It seems that the deciding factor is if the conversation is confidential, or not?
Suggest that you ask an attorney

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Tennessee is one party consent, i use the record feature when the borrower starts to get a little excited, or insulting, or combative. Made an appointment today and the first thing out of his mouth was "i hope you are better than the last son of a ***** who came out". Yes, i will record that one. The CA law would seem to be 2 party, so maybe ask permission if its okay to record first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks