• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USPAP 18/19 Changes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Moderator:
Having just completed the 7-hour USPAP course online, I have questions about most of the recent changes. To include all of my questions in a single thread could be confusing and defeat its purpose, althoug to create several different threads, in the USPAP/regulatory Forum, might exceed the generosity of appraisal experts not inclined to address so many issues. (I considered the possibility of creating a thread in the Newbie section although by virtue of experience, in years, I'm not.) Any advice?

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
One thread will be fine, not in the newbie section.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
USPAP is a guideline that cannot-ever be done -Once-twice-Thrice or a hundred times because once its completed there is no need to have 6 to 12 old guys meet -Get paid to produce another one- I cannot think of any-other guideline that has to be D ****** around every 24 to 48 months. It's a Joke and nothing but a way to extract money out of appraisers - Imagine getting a degree in Engineering and every 24-48 months some group of old guys change the mathematics to meet their agenda :) LOL

NP_MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
USPAP is a guideline that cannot-ever be done -Once-twice-Thrice or a hundred times because once its completed there is no need to have 6 to 12 old guys meet -Get paid to produce another one- I cannot think of any-other guideline that has to be D ****** around every 24 to 48 months. It's a Joke and nothing but a way to extract money out of appraisers - Imagine getting a degree in Engineering and every 24-48 months some group of old guys change the mathematics to meet their agenda :) LOL
That post puurrfectly matches your avatar(y)

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
Gotta admit that it was difficut not to contact the AF regarding the changes to Standard 6 that were adopted to provide consistency, an anomoly beyond belief of which I became aware about 10 minutes after first becoming aware of the existence of USPAP several years ago.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Gotta admit that it was difficut not to contact the AF regarding the changes to Standard 6 that were adopted to provide consistency, an anomoly beyond belief of which I became aware about 10 minutes after first becoming aware of the existence of USPAP several years ago.
And you really believe the AF would have spent even 5 minutes on the issue- If they make no changes they have no reason to hustle this document at US every 2 years .

Michigander

Professional Status
State
Michigan
My suggestion is to take USPAP at the beginning of the cycle since you are attesting to complying with it since 1/1/18. That said, it is a good idea to revisit it a number of times. Sometimes folks get confused by it.

What are your questions?

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Please write your question(s) about USPAP in the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP Forum.

If you think one question will be too long then break it up into several threads. Just make sure you have a specific and descriptive title for each thread. In other words don't title each thread USPAP questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks