• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USPAP 2003 now online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harrison

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Utah
Thanks Bill!

The online edition is a big help when needing to cut and paste into a review or letter to the lender.

Chris

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Thank you very much Bill!!! Just got done posting the link you found over on all the NAIFA chat rooms, the AI forum and Santa Ana HOC chat room. After all, all those underwriters at the Phoenix HUD seminar in September couldn't understand how "their appraisers" were going to find out about the three year history requirement. Now appraisers (and underwriters) in the Santa Ana HOC won't have an excuse! Will they erase my posting Brad P. since appraisers and underwriters are to only ask questions instead of making statements???

Again, many, many thank yous Bill!!!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Very good....now an easy way to cut and paste! How do you all like the way it is written???

Bill_FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Have any of you gone through it? For all the hoopla, I really do not see any major or drastic changes, with the exception of spliting out 1-6, sales history and looks like AO-3 has been re-written.

I thought there was going to be major changes to the "scope of work".

Maybe I have just gone through it too fast on my first run through. What do you all think that have taken the 2003 USPAP classes?

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Bill:

The "scope of work" changes that I initiated discussion on after taking the AI classes this summer are not necessarily a CHANGE in the written format, but rather a change in how the written work is interpreted, and a more defined "don't read in more (or less) than is written" iin USPAP.

In other words don't take the stuff that has been thrown at us for years because 'somebody said' in a USPAP class as gospel!

The actual changes are as I understand anyway pretty much limited to the items indicated above.

And despite very pointed questioning on my part I am not a great deal clearer on how to write a really good scope of work than I was before taking some 30+ hours of CE last year :evil:

In other words stay tuned to this channel (the forum) for your best bet on how to interpret: as folks take 2003 from the newer better :roll: (?)instructors all will become clear: or not :wink:

rtubbs

For all interested, I just finished converting the on-line USPAP to a single .pdf document. It took about 45 minutes and I ended up with a file that is approx. 1.2mb in size and 177 pages. I didn't bother coping in standards 4-10 as I'm not involved in those activities. Makes it nice to have the file on the desktop button bar where you open it with one click.

Steve Owen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Thanks for the link, Bill. AO-3 is a must read, definitely the right way to go-- the ASB did a good job in this one IMHO.

Ron, could you outline the steps used to convert the thing to pdf on your hard drive?

Alan Gertner

Professional Status
State
Texas
I downloaded the entire USPAP to 3 pdf files (I used 3 pdf files because my out of date pc ran extremely slow when creating large pdf files, took hours even with 3 files). I would offer to put these on a web site for other people to download, but there is a USPAP copyright and I don't know if you can legally do this. Would be nice if AF provides a pdf copy on their website for everybody to download.

I ended up with 244 pages and 961 kb (I accidentally copied the AO-1 and AO-2 twice).

rtubbs, when you copied part of the USPAP document you received 177 pages and 1.2 mb. Which pdf writer did you use? I'm using fineprint pdfFactory Pro. I've been comparing pdfFactory Pro with Adobe Acrobat Writer. In this case, my pdf file contains 38% more pages and is 20% smaller than the file you generated. I'd like to understand this better. This is important to me because I'm trying to minimize my pdf file size for EDI transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks