• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USPAP 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Anyone know if there is an online version yet? I have checked the AF site and as of now, I dont see the PDF version available.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Not 2003 USPAP yet but http://www.day1.com/resources/1 has an online link to the 2002 USPAP. dgill---how soon will 2003 be there?????
I don't think the Appraisal Foundation has ever had USPAP on line. But then if you aren't able to take a USPAP class for a foundation certified instructor very, very soon, buy a copy for about $38.

dgill

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
New York
Jo Ann,

I'll look into that and see if I can't get it posted ASAP. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
Jo Ann,

You can go to the foundation website and 2002 and 2001 can be completely downloaded or printed in pdf format.

Bill

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
:oops: :oops: :oops:
I found it!! I had seen that screen and with a big sale pitch for buying it, I thought that only a hard copy could be purchased and never clicked on any of the words.

So if there is anybody else out that has been lost:

http://www.appraisalfoundation.org
Upper middle is a tab for Standards
Click on Current Edition
Then click on Table of Contents
Then click on the specific section you want

I am sure a more computerized person than me can post the direct link.

And I understand the 2003 will be posted in January.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Tejus

Professional Status
State
Texas
Is there an article/posting summarizing the changes/impact of USPAP 2003 compared to USPAP 2002?

thanks.

Red Blumenstock

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
As a Foundation Approved USPAP Instructor and a Subscriber to the Foundation, I was under the impression that we were to receive the new USPAP as soon as it was issued. I taught a USPAP class in PA 2 weeks ago and surprise! The School had received the 2003 USPAP and I still haven't received mine. I had to start out the class with the statement that this was the first time ever, for me, that the participants would be better prepared than I. Don't hold your breath waiting for yours. I am still waiting.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Alan: Go to the Appraisal Foundation website and check out the current and expired exposure drafts. There have been additional changes, but it is a place to start. Also in the Urgent-Help Needed on this forum have been some lively discussions, including a reprint of Appraisal Buzz's interview with Danny Wiley regarding AO-3. Check out the New USPAP Rules and New Client thread and also How would you handle this thread. I think the AO-3 and the 3 year history for residential properties are the biggest changes. I am anxiously awaiting either a class or the posting of the 2003 USPAP on the foundation site (now that I have found it) so I can read the entire book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks