• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USPAP course and Illinois CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Spychalski

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Hi: Today is the Illinois CE deadline and I want to be sure I am compliant...

On the IDFPR web site (CE Lookup) it shows the 2018-2019 7 hour course AND Last year's 2018 USPAP update course on my CE hours, which puts me over the mark. If its counted on the IDFPR web site is it safe to assume that 14 hours of USPAP courses contributed to my renewal CE?

If anyone has any input, please share... otherwise I may wrap up another course this evening to be safe!

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Hi: Today is the Illinois CE deadline and I want to be sure I am compliant...

On the IDFPR web site (CE Lookup) it shows the 2018-2019 7 hour course AND Last year's 2018 USPAP update course on my CE hours, which puts me over the mark. If its counted on the IDFPR web site is it safe to assume that 14 hours of USPAP courses contributed to my renewal CE?

If anyone has any input, please share... otherwise I may wrap up another course this evening to be safe!
Well, how did things turn out? :)
I admit that I'm not following as to your two 7-hr. USPAP update courses?!?!!? I understand what the 2018-2019 course is, but, "2018 USPAP update" in addition...what?!??

Steven Spychalski

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Well, how did things turn out? :)
I admit that I'm not following as to your two 7-hr. USPAP update courses?!?!!? I understand what the 2018-2019 course is, but, "2018 USPAP update" in addition...what?!??

Well, the IDFPR CE Bank is full.... I have to assume all is good. If I hear otherwise I will update!

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
As of June 29, 2019, I had completed 26 hours of continuing education. On June 30, 2019, I completed all testing and required assignments within the online course titled Valuation Resources for Photovoltaic Systems provided by the Appraisal Institute. The state of Illinois allows 3 hours of continuing education for the course. This would have exceeded the required credits for state licensing.

The issue arises that in order to complete the course; feedback as to its desirability, framework and instructions must be cleared, in writing, by the class proctor. The Appraisal Institute calls this process filling out the Program Quality Evaluation. Understand all other classwork was satisfactorily completed.
Given class instructors are not available nor are classroom support open on weekends, no one was available to unlock the screen so I could complete my evaluation of the class. Therefore, it could not be cleared until this morning (July 1, 2019, which was Monday morning). Therefore, my continuing education certificate is dated July 1, 2019, rather than June 30, 2019.

If anyone is familiar with this type of situation please inform me of my responsibilities. It appears that when due dates for continuing education fall on weekends these type problems may become more common than on weekdays. I am hearing all sorts of stories concerning this issue but really do not have any experience since I have always completed the log in a timely manner.

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I am not sure how the state counts the hours but when I went to renew online, my continuing education was in line with what was required and the numbers said I was in compliance. I thought I would have to write a letter (with a check ) or something but I spoke with a Ms. Adriana (at the given 800 number) who said records showed I was good to go. Further, I wrote an email last week, there was a response but no follow-up on my questions. It must have showed I was in compliance and someone thought "what is this guy talking about". The CE hours showed as being completed before the deadline (June 15, 2019, the date of start). I must have miscounted or merely do not understand the counting method, not sure. Since I am required to take 100 hours for AI any CE never hurts. So it is never a waste of resource for me. Anyway...I am simply going to move forward.

Wow, I do not remember renewal cost being this high $530. That is double the cost of surrounding states, no wonder we are losing population, taxes are near insanity levels in both Illinois and Cook County. On PBS radio a politician was claiming taxes were not the reason for our poulation loss. Believe me, I love Chicago but have no intention of retiring here. Property taxes are higher than my house payment, not to mention 10 percent sales taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks