• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

USPAP Course Completion Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert bagley

Freshman Member
Has anyone who's taken the new 7-hour USPAP update course recieved a form titled "USPAP Course Completion Verification Form"? It may sound odd, but the course provider has already had this course approved with the local board (AZ), and upon completion, you are issued a certificate of educational session completion (with state seal and all). I recently recieved the aforementioned form from the AF stating to complete the form (including license #, and SS #), sign/date and return to the local board for CE credit. I asked the board about this and they are just as confused as I am. Can anyone elaborate on the purpose of this form? :question:

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I teach USPAP 7-hour courses. There is a green form found in the front of the student manual. This form is sent to the AF by the instructor. The AF then sends a "certificate of completion" (to the student) which says to send it to your state board. Some states DO NOT WANT OR NEED the form sent in.

In North Carolina, the NCAB does not want or need the certificate because course credit is issued based on a class roster the instructor sends in.

Some states want the certificate and some issue C/E credit based on a roster or some other paperwork sent in by the instructor.

I have had lots of calls on this. Again, in NC the state board does not need the certificate...only the signed class roster from the instructor. Check with your state board for how they track C/E credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks