• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA And Weather Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
We have just had the biggest snow fall in the 50 years I have lived in the Tidewater area. I have not been able to get out of my driveway in 4 days. I cannot get to my office and download the new assignments. No way any property can be inspected until maybe Tuesday of next week, maybe. Of course I will document this and add notes to the web site. What a mess. At home, thankfully power stayed on. TV, was off over 7 hours, internet 12 hours. Still no phone system. Thankfully cell phones work. Repair for phones coming out Monday AM. Local weather people say 30 years since event like this. Wrong. I have never seen a snow fall like this in this area. Inform, inform, and get to the assignments when we can.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Glad you are okay and staying warm.

David Thompson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Glad you are okay and staying warm.
Stay warm Don.
I am Yorktown and we got 10-12", did not lose power, finally got out of my driveway yesterday. The main roads are OK but subdivisions are a nightmare.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Still can't get out of my driveway. No Cox phone service for 5 days. Cellphone only. Internet and TV OK. Cox coming out tomorrow. Power is on thank goodness. Pantry will need a restock when we can get out.:)

A Brit in California

Professional Status
State
California
No snow (yet) in California and also........little to no requests from the VA in the past 10 to 15 days. Stay safe!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
It's been really nice here, no snow...50s and 60s.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
It's been really nice here, no snow...50s and 60s.

It will be 69 degrees here tomorrow. :clapping: But, most neighborhoods will still need a few days to be accessible for inspections as well as taking photos of Comps. My appraisal car is stuck in a snow drift, won't start and likely would not get out of the drifts anyway. Yesterday I was able to get to office. 3 people got stuck in front of my house. Was able to get to stores. It is what it is. May see if I can inspect 1 on Friday.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
One good thing about the north is everything still moves no matter what the weather. Roads still suck, but you plan for it.

Looked out the door yesterday morning and noticed a surprise 6 inches had fallen overnight and I had a 9 am appointment 30 miles away. Gave myself an extra half hour and made it there with 15 minutes to spare. Walking around the house to take pics and measure in thigh deep snow wasn't fun tho.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
It’s bad in the south. It’s hurting my pocket book.

I have had a double whammy with being sick and weather. Some things you have no control over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks