• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Annual Fee Appraiser Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Fitch

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Sure seemed like alot of VA appraisers have been burnt collecting appraisal fees. How about payment once the report is submitted? No payment, no report!

Professional Status
General Public
State
Pennsylvania
I missed it. No notice, I logged onto send something and saw it had come and gone. Guess I'll watch the on demand next week. What did it say?

CCAAMO

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
They did indicate that direct deposit payment is under consideration. Usually its the liquidation appraisals which take the longest to pay.

David Beasley

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I was out measuring in the sleet, and missed it too...will have to catch it soon on replay I guess.

So is it direct deposit from lender/requester to us? Not sure how much that would actually help the situation. When they don't want to pay, having to cut a check is no different then setting up a direct deposit - they still won't want to pay and will drag their feet kicking and screaming until they are made to do so.

The verbiage has been there, in the 26-1805-1, forever. Why can't we just make the lenders read it an understand the ramifications of non-compliance:

"On receipt of "Certificate of Reasonable Value" or advice from the Department of Veterans Affairs that a "Certificate of Reasonable Value" will not be issued, we agree to forward to the appraiser the approved fee which we are holding for this purpose."

That's pretty cut and dried to me, and technically the requester has to "sign" this form, so isn't it legal and binding then? lol I guess not binding enough.

Professional Status
General Public
State
Pennsylvania
My region showed me their true colors on one last year and as a result I have my own payment policy that is enforced on ALL appraisals with them being no exception. I will file in a small claims court or turn over to collections quicker than you can say "boo". That being said I have "one" that got away. After 20 years in business I say that's pretty good.

CCAAMO

Professional Status
State
California
The problem is the VA changed its payment policy. The verbage used to say payment was do at the time of receipt of the the appraisal and the appriaser could charge a reasonable late fee after 30 days.

The policy now reads that payment is to be made no later than 30 days and you can only charge a 10% late fee.

A direct deposit payment system would only work if the fee was paid to VA or say an escrow account at the time of appriasal order and then sent when the appraiasal was uploaded to VA.

The one thing that was clear was that VA will not be going to a pay at the door or in advance policy.

Professional Status
General Public
State
Pennsylvania
Well, they never have been able to make this available on demand from the 12th - 18th as originally stated. I'm sure we'll be responsible for the content even though they only gave 24 hour notice of the broadcast and then can't make it available for the on demand viewing as originally stated. Why would I expect anything other? Why?

CCAAMO

Professional Status
State
California
Well, they never have been able to make this available on demand from the 12th - 18th as originally stated. I'm sure we'll be responsible for the content even though they only gave 24 hour notice of the broadcast and then can't make it available for the on demand viewing as originally stated. Why would I expect anything other? Why?

Well, they did say it was on the honor system. They did offer to sent you a certificate of completion if you request it. Probable suitable for framing!
:rof:

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Three of us watched it together. The certificate came to the host in Word Perfect 3 and she does not have it (nor do I), so we could not print it! So it will not be framed! m2:

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
When I accept a VA assignment I contacted the lender secure the name of the person who pays the appraisers. I have their name, email address and their phone number on the bill. I speak with the person and explained to them that in all likelihood you will be receiving a call from me for VA appraisal payment as I do not provide appraisal service to you on a regular basis. I just prepare myself for the future event. The Manchester, NH canceled 2007 meeting. They said meeting may occur every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks