• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Exempt from HVCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Heitzinger

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
November 20, 2008 Second Annual National Fee Appraisal Training Online broadcast states VA is exempt from HVCC because they federally insure or guarantee loans. Isn't FHA in the same catagory and with whom do we need to lobby to reflect the same position? Broadcast is available online at http://www.homeloans.VA.gov/livevideobroadcast.htm

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
HUD should only be exempt if they take away the "lender select" aspect of their ordering process. VA operates on a rotation system that does not allow the loan officer or their minions to select their appraiser.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
HUD should only be exempt if they take away the "lender select" aspect of their ordering process. VA operates on a rotation system that does not allow the loan officer or their minions to select their appraiser.

That's what I heard during the broadcast.

David Beasley

Professional Status
State
North Carolina

And the VA system does a good job of trapping newbies or other hard-heads when they get the 1805 and see who got the assignment, "dislike them", and cancel that order and reorder again...Once that buyer and address (and case #) are assigned to us, that's it, we'll come up again and again as the appraiser. If they change "just enough" to actually get a 2nd case number and appraiser, the original appraiser is supposed to end up with the assignment. (These "double orders" have even become rare in my market.)

Lots of AMCs could learn from the VA's system IMHO, whether it is perfect or not. It does at least work.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
What was your opinion of the broadcast? The program locked up on me about 10 minutes from the end. They did read one of my emails!

mp2277

Professional Status
State
Virginia
It is my understanding that HVCC applys only to Freddie/Fannie, it does not apply to correspondant lenders, FHA, or VA, or anything else.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
How come I never hear about these things...what broadcast, how are you guys getting this stuff? I've been on the panel for awhile now, and cannot help but feel I am the last to know. Like I was just told Liquidation exteriors can now be put on 2055...that would have been nice to know...broadcast also nice to know.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Brian...how do you send your appraisals to the VA? TAS has all the information. We also received two email notifications from our regional center. You can still view the broadcast by going to the website. Two hours of CE credit in my state.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
We use TAS, but our regional center couldn't communicate with panel if there jobs depended on it. I will track down the broadcast...thanks

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
How come I never hear about these things...what broadcast, how are you guys getting this stuff? I've been on the panel for awhile now, and cannot help but feel I am the last to know. Like I was just told Liquidation exteriors can now be put on 2055...that would have been nice to know...broadcast also nice to know.

Your region is supposed to notify you. It is also posted to the VA web site where you go to sign in to the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks