• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Field Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBERT JONES

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I just rec'd a VA field review - they wrote me up for not attaching an invoice to the report. Did something change? I thought we never uploaded the invoice into the port.

Thanks

Bob

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
We always include the entire report, invoice included in pdf format through the vba portal. How else do you expect to get paid?

Jan Roseberry

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I am next! I have never included it in the report, I've always sent it to the lender separately. Oh well . . .

Thanks for letting us know!

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
We always include the entire report, invoice included in pdf format through the vba portal. How else do you expect to get paid?

That is correct. We have enough trouble getting paid as it is. The only invoice I send seperately is the final inspection invoice. VA considers the invoice to be part of the report.

rcsone

Professional Status
State
Oklahoma
.....about six months ago VA-Houston notified us to include the invoice in front or "at the beginning" of the report..........ours has always been the first page, then next the front sheet of 1004..........best to all.....................rs

rcsone

Professional Status
State
Oklahoma
..........another VA review query.........does anyone have an idea of VA's review schedule-------desk? field or complete?......my last experience seems to dictate about 10% are viewed from the comps up.........but I have no idea whether that was routine in number..........and have a less intuition for the desk types......info or opinion anyone..........?...........I will check with Houston, but wonder if all areas do the same or near to........could it vary by district and be influenced by a particular appraiser?............by the way at that time sample, I had completed 84 and had ten extensively reviewed with no comment..................best to all.....................rs

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
The invoice is the most important part of the appraisal!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
There is nothing in the VA Appraisal manual (Denver Regional Office) about including the invoice; however, I always have. Mine is at the end instead of the front.

We have been told that 100% of the appraisals are desk reviewed now. 10% are field reviewed unless the appraiser is on the S h i t list then it 20% or 30%.

Professional Status
General Public
State
Pennsylvania
Seems to depend on management of your region. Mine makes it up as it goes along, literally.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
My invoice is page one for the obvious reason of not being paid timely. On my invoice is the name of the person, the phone number and the email that is responsible for the payment. I do not release the report without this information on the invoice. The VA needs to see the invoice as they are the authority that sets the appraisal fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks