• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Going Regional Across the Country ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Birrell (NY)

Yesterday, I received a letter from VA Regional Office in Manchester, NH(I'm in downstate NY). Letter indicates effective prior to 10/1/02 VA appraisal activity in NY will be taken over by NH. They are requiring all appraisers on VA roster to attend a mandatory meeting (or you get dumped off the list).

Their letter indicates "..we will have a meeting to introduce members
of our staff and review VA appraisal procedures"......The meeting is 2 hours long on a Tuesday afternoon in July, in Albany. Albany is a 5 hour drive from here. So I have to drive 10 hours to say "hello" and review procedures that are as simple as ABC. Give me a break !

IS THIS HAPPENING IN OTHER AREAS ?

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
8)

Joe:

Yep! All over the country. My region(Roanoke, VA) has taken over several areas in the past 2 years and will soon take over more. We have a great region. They travel to us to do Fee Panel training. However, I would drive as far as I needed to to stay on the panel.

Don :wink:

mikegoff

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Been over a year since we've had a meeting in Florida, but we typically meet once a year.

mikegoff

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Hi Pam,
The meeting is mandatory and very informative as far as changes in VA procedures, minimum property standards, proposed construction, etc

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
We have a mandatory meeting in Detroit once a year. That’s about 3 ½ hours’ drive. Fortunately, they schedule it when the snow flies and the roads are bad and the appraisal business is a little slower. I use it to stay with a friend and visit the Bass Pro Shop down there.

Detroit is merging, or has merged into the Cleveland unit. We still have a couple of appraisal staff in Detroit but we are not sure for how long. It actually does not matter as all contact except for annual meeting is via phone and e-mail.

One thing I am proud of the VA for is their stand on .pdf. If a client can't take .pdf or won't, we send them 1 copy via snail mail. That is what we are told to do. If a lender is overdue on an invoice, we can tell them that the appraisal is finished and will be sent as soon as we receive payment. VA won't get involved with collections but they gave us a little leverage in getting paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks