• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Launches Appraiser Recruitment Initiative - Specific Counties & States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
VA Launches Appraiser Recruitment Initiative
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in July launched an appraiser recruitment drive to increase the size of its Fee Panel. The VA said it has openings throughout the country, but also is targeting specific counties and states identified in its recruitment flyer.

To be considered, appraisers must have a minimum of five years’ residential appraisal experience and have at least two letters of recommendation from fee appraisers. Also, conflicts of interest must be avoided. For a complete list of requirements, visit the VA website. Applications can be submitted online.

boardman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Lol...funny.. Michigan is pro-bono $400 at this time..I remember when VA would "assign" your county for you..so much for that.."shortage"?? Hmmmm

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I personally know 5 appraisers in California that applied for the VA roster in the last 150 days *** All were approved ** The VA is clearly short handed and they do not want to see the situation like in Washington State ** $800.00 for a 1004. Some areas of Washington State are rural but my contacts in the Seattle area woke up in dream land because many are cookie cutters and a lot like tract homes in So Cal : ) LOL

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Lol...funny.. Michigan is pro-bono $400 at this time..I remember when VA would "assign" your county for you..so much for that.."shortage"?? Hmmmm

One of our local VA appraisers has two trainees who he sends out to do inspections. His reports are the worst pieces of garbage I have ever seen.

I am not interested in VA work.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
One of our local VA appraisers has two trainees who he sends out to do inspections. His reports are the worst pieces of garbage I have ever seen.

I am not interested in VA work.

Appraisers have lost their license for less than sending out trainees to do property inspections.

Wm. Hattaway

Professional Status
State
Florida
VA Launches Appraiser Recruitment Initiative
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in July launched an appraiser recruitment drive to increase the size of its Fee Panel. The VA said it has openings throughout the country, but also is targeting specific counties and states identified in its recruitment flyer.

To be considered, appraisers must have a minimum of five years’ residential appraisal experience and have at least two letters of recommendation from fee appraisers. Also, conflicts of interest must be avoided. For a complete list of requirements, visit the VA website. Applications can be submitted online.

Thank you for posting.

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
What is the point of asking for letters from other fee appraisers? Don't they realize this forum is about as social as many appraisers get?

Okay, who needs a letter? From the forum. Like one of those Secret Santa things. Or the tee-shirt thing.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Think of the market data VA has. Think of the fact that most VA executives are skilled professionals. I have heard the garbage. Look in the mirror and the garbage will grow increasingly dim from a categorical standpoint.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Interesting VA requirement for 2 letters from fee appraisers. I was looking for a VA appraiser to complete a 442 that I could not do because of travel plans. I saw a local appraiser advertising on Wayne's website as a VA appraiser. Called the appraiser, who admitted he was not a VA appraiser. Said he was looking for fellow appraisers to write him a letter of recommendation so that he could apply to the VA panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks