• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Liquidation/short Sale/inground Pool Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
For the first time, in a very long time I found a severe hazard on inspecting a Short Sale/Liquidation property.

In as neighborhood and market where inground pools are as rare as hens teeth, the subject property has an inground pool. Also, most of the rear yard is covered with concrete. The wood fence has a broken fence and gate. The pool is full of rancid water. In this neighborhood are are many small children. As soon as I got back to the office I notified the listing agent, the lender, and VA that there is an extreme hazard. I do not want a child drowning in that crap to be on my head. I am not concerned about liability but am concerned that someone could be harmed.

The agent said she is on it, right now.

I cannot understand how anyone could leave such a hazard in place.

D

Deleted member 134708

Pretty sure pools of water are everywhere and not fenced in. Minnesota has 10,000 of them.

A PUD near me has a fishing pond in it and a school within the PUD.

Seems like a parents problem and not yours. If it is yours, to fight, I won't stop you but you got a lot of work ahead of you. I'd say over few million pools of water near children.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Pretty sure pools of water are everywhere and not fenced in. Minnesota has 10,000 of them.

A PUD near me has a fishing pond in it and a school within the PUD.

Seems like a parents problem and not yours. If it is yours, to fight, I won't stop you but you got a lot of work ahead of you. I'd say over few million pools of water near children.
It is a safety hazard, one that is required by VA to report. It is also a code violation in my market.

Maybe you want a drowned child on your watch, but I do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks