• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Does anyone know if the VA panel is open to applicants or has this been closed? Thanks.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
VA Panel Openings

Follow the obits. Right now, it is the only way the panel opens.

But, make your application. The application, at least in the Denver Office is kept on file for year. Follow along and update each year. Sooner or later there will be an opening.

Borrowers lately are going back to their local banks. Local banks with more experience with VA are causing an increase in VA loans. There is not enough increase, however, to warrant increasing the panels.

Next time at your CE class, take a look at the VA appraisers. If they seem a little green around the gills, cross your fingers.:rof:

Walter B

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
VA question from appraiser in CA

I'm a residential appraiser in CA and have been licensed for
2.5 years.
There seems to be a lot of mixed info out there about VA approvals.
Does anyone know how I can go about getting
VA approved?

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
VA still is under the "old" system and have not gone through all the changes FHA has. Just wondering, are they having the same problems that other segments of the industry are with foreclosures, etc. It would be interesting to hear if anyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks