• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBert

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Hello can anyone advise on how to go about becoming approved to complete VA appraisals? I've searched google etc.. can not find where to apply/sign up. Thanks.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
An appraiser does not just "sign-up" and become a VA appraiser. The VA has to open their roster to new applicants and at this time I am unaware that the VA has done this.

Unless someone else posts here and has information that the VA has opened the roster for new applicants, you'll have to bide your time until that time.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Manchester, NH is a loan center. 1-800-827-6311 ext 6 email for general inquiry is [email protected]. Ken Beaudon may answer your questions.

JUSTIN SAVINO

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
It's a secret club. Very hard to get into from what I understand.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
It comes down to how many veterans are applying for loans. I service from Boston to Cape COD. There are about three of us in this service area. I average about 5-7 assignments a year and about 2-3 liquidation a year. The work load is low, but you get exposed to potential clients that can be the real benefit with the VA assignments.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia

ChrisBert

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Thanks everyone this is a great site i've been appraising for 8 years and this is the first time I found out about this site. Everyone has been very helpfull. Thanks again.

rcsone

Professional Status
State
Oklahoma
........GOT A LETTER OF QUALIFICATION IN MARCH OF 1998 and went on the Panel in November of 2004----it took twelve years beginning to end...but what if they join the others--FHA, Conv and GSE's--in examining sources of poor performance? I think all of the players will be forming "donot Use Lists" of the worst performers in the near future due to coming losses to pension and local governments' financial investments which will be re-hit soon............then the list or panel could change in members....best to all......rs

David Beasley

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
........GOT A LETTER OF QUALIFICATION IN MARCH OF 1998 and went on the Panel in November of 2004----it took twelve years beginning to end...but what if they join the others--FHA, Conv and GSE's--in examining sources of poor performance? I think all of the players will be forming "donot Use Lists" of the worst performers in the near future due to coming losses to pension and local governments' financial investments which will be re-hit soon............then the list or panel could change in members....best to all......rs

The VA appraisal system is already one of the most reviewed and overseen there is. Also, the assignments are doled out randomly by computer - there's not a "preferred list" for lenders to just choose from. Not saying that performance positively can't be an issue, but VA appraisers are some of the most scrutinized appraisers in the business if the VA RLCs are doing their job. I know the Atlanta RLC stays pretty much on top of us. And I must say that when someone calls in that isn't happy (because I did what I was supposed to have done to begin with) they normally stand behind us pretty good too.

The biggest problem I see with VA appraisers in my general area is that they are stand up guys and gals on VA assignments, but are somewhat "Skippy-like" in their other products. I know of one here in town, along with their mill of trainees, that has never met a sales or refi price they didn't like when it comes to non-VA work. BUT, they appear to dot the Is and cross the Ts just perfectly so on the VA products I've seen from their office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks