• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Vacant Land Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKamman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Missouri
I need to know the most appropriate form to use for a land appraisal with a mobile home that needs to be removed. Thanks for the feedback.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I need to know the most appropriate form to use for a land appraisal with a mobile home that needs to be removed. Thanks for the feedback.

For what Use and what User?

I believe that most software packages have a form appropriate for reporting the appraisal.

Remember, of course, that no "form" is USPAP compliant.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan

Scope of work, intended user, purpose of the appraisal?

stefan olafson

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
Ditto Mr. Evans, Who is the assignment going to be completed for? Why is the appraisal being completed? What is the agreement between yourself and the client regarding the type and amount of information in the report???

Simple answer is a vacant land form from your software provider. MH is worth nothing as it is personal property. BUT, who's removing the PP?

More complicated answer depends on the above questions and others like how large is the tract? What type of land use? ETC>>>

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
I just completed a similar assignment for a divorce - land with a gutted MH on the site. In this county, new residences have to pay a one time impact fee (tax) but that is waived if the new home is replacing an old one. In my case, I considered value for the land, the impact fee, and deducted an estimate of cost to remove the old home that was on the site. After all, if I were buying the site, I would factor in how I was going to remove it and how much would it cost. A MH dealer might be able to give you a rough estimate or a company that specializes in MH transportation and removal. If the site has a private well for water in this area, that may contribute some value to the site, as well. Hope this helps - I used a vacant land form.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
If it is a vacant land appraisal, use a land form and make an HC that the mfg house has been removed and the well and septic (if any do not exist or have no market value).

Even if it is for lending, vacant land loans are not sold on the secondary market and the no HC, no EA rules of FNMA et al do not apply.

But tell me. Why are you asking us. Ask your client what they need and in what format to meet their assignment conditions and lending consideration requires or estate needs or whatever. You report the sale as is appropriate to fulfill the needs of the client.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
narrative. always narrative. Forms are a crutch. You have no legs. You need a wheelchair.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Right.

narrative. always narrative. Forms are a crutch. You have no legs. You need a wheelchair.
And make sure you do it from scratch without some template as your "form." :new_all_coholic:

Louis Pompeo

Professional Status
State
Mariana Islands
Based upon the fact that you are asking the question, I would recommend any form or format that has a space for a supervising appraiser to co-sign your report and acknowledge that he/she has inspected the property, reviewed the report, and agree with its conclusions.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
And make sure you do it from scratch without some template as your "form." :new_all_coholic:

Do you mean some commercially produced template? Otherwise, I don't get this. Every report I do is based on one type of shell document or another that we've written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks