• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Value Range = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Went to see a prospecting client today. I introduced myself and we began to talk about the mortgage Biz and the changes. And as usual, it's the same song and dance how they want to do the right thing and they have great appraisers. After awhile they truth comes out and the same names keep coming up for my market area. ...................Then they ask..........."do you do a value range?"..................Ahgrrrrr!!!!

So I asked, "Do you ask to see the credit score value range " ? ........silence, and and red face. So I tell them, for me to do a value range, is a comp check, and again, they tell they they do not want to spend the clients money. Well, told them that I have other client that they will not proceed without the appraisal, or appraisal fee and they do not require any value range.

So my question is, what is a value range?

Last edited:

toya05

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
They want something for nothing. Fishing for highest value.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Went to see a prospecting client today. I introduced myself and we began to talk about the mortgage Biz and the changes. And as usual, it's the same song and dance how they want to do the right thing and they have great appraisers. After awhile they truth comes out and the same names keep coming up for my market area. ...................Then they ask..........."do you do a value range?"..................Ahgrrrrr!!!!

So I asked, "Do you ask to see the credit score value range " ? ........silence, and and red face. So I tell them about for me to do a value range is a comp check, and again, they do not want to spend the clients money. Well, told them that I have other client that they will not proceed without the appraisal, or appraisal fee.

So my question is, what is a value range?

For an appraiser?
Done outside of USPAP it is a comp check.
Done inside of USPAP it is an appraisal.

(Inside/Outside being "compliance/non-compliance" for the purists! :new_smile-l: )

rbrienza

Professional Status
State
Colorado
if walks like a duck, sounds like a duck ...... it is a duck......

Robert Muir

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Utah
They don't hear the range anyway, they will only hear and remember the high number.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Lee, The are not MB's, they are "Bankers" now.:rof: But yes, it was, It was going to so well untill the end.

Last edited:

ccooper

Professional Status
State
Missouri
prospect elsewhere. don't waste your time and emotional batteries. don't worry, they'll be gone soon with the industry wide exodus.

chad hampton

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
tell them you do better than a value range - you give them an EXACT number on all of your appraisals :)

toya05

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Good. I can't get any business because they want what they want. I'm just not going to lose my license for $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks