• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Vehement about domain, family fights for its land

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

This is becoming more common than you can imagine. I am confident Jefferson and Hamilton would roll in their graves to think this nation would condemn land for anything besides a fort, road, or public building. Industrial Parks, golf courses, drainage, you name it. This nation has condemned 5 times more land in the past 10 years than in the rest of its entire history. Property rights do not exist for individuals.

Ironically, a golf course is the most toxic property a city could own and is always near water. They use more fertilizer (phosphorus related to eutrophic conditions in creeks) and herbicides than any farm. In fact, I cannot legally spray my pastures and meadows with herbicides and pesticides that are routinely used on a weekly basis on a golf course.
ter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks