• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Venting about Social Security Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert higgins

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
I need to give my SS# to get a quote for car insurance. They need it for your credit score and cannot get a quote if they do not have it. WTF

It seems you need to give out your SS# for everything these days. Remember last time I had to make a doctors appointment the lady asked for my SS#, I said I was not calling to ask for a loan, I calling to make appointment with the doctor. she reply, I know but this is how we track our patients, I told her I guess I will be finding another doctor, she was ****ed because she had to manually enter my name.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I was filling out a character reference for the state bar association since a friend is applying, they even wanted my SSN. I'm happy to fill out everything else but the state bar has no business with my SSN on a character reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks