• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

vERY COMPLEX ASSIGMENT LOOKING FOR APPRAISER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Very complex assignment. Dr. Dizab of the USDA at 1-518-944-6090 just called me and is looking for a Bovine Embryo Appraiser. He would like a phone call if you know of anyone that does this type of appraisal work. Or you may refer his number to them.

As I have done equines in the past, but really know little about the Bovine Market. Equines are enough of a problem. We are talking lots of research time here. This is not an AMC order and payment type assigment.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
If this type of assignment involves turkey basters and latex gloves count me out.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Exactly how does one appraise unborn cows?

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin

Same as you would a horse, a pig, wife or a house. Sales comparison, Income, cost approach.

Embryo's due have a value, the big questions is always will they make it to full term and produce some thing that will make you money. You also of the cost of production to look at>

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
I'd guess about the same way you do income property with a projected income... including losses (death in utero) and expenses (vet bills). :shrug:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Comps of course!

I bet Ray Miller knows someone that specializes in it.

A friend of mine did, but he retired from OSU Vet dept 3 years ago, went off to enjoy life on the big Island and died six months later. It was a surprise to all of us. Figured Doc would have been around for another 20 or more years. I had the good luck to work with him on some equine research and learn from him as well. He was one of the best equine brain surgeons in the county. Also a darn good steer roper, team roper and farrier. When we were done with the research at the school we would go roping at his arena or down to the Big E to rope.

James R

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Same as you would a horse, a pig, wife or a house. Sales comparison, Income, cost approach.

Embryo's due have a value, the big questions is always will they make it to full term and produce some thing that will make you money. You also of the cost of production to look at>

and the very complex appraisal!

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Walker is full of BS so I would recommend him for the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks