• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Veterans Admi. Approved Appraiser List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACTRACLLC

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Happy New Year, Appraisers;

I am looking for information on how to apply and or qualify to perform V.A. home loans. I am in Michigan, I have been to their website, with no good info for appraisers to proceed with.

Any solid information will be appreciated.

Tim Mc Clatchey.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Do not know which Loan Center you would be servicing here are two:

Station 335:

ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA
Address: VA REGIONAL LOAN CENTER
ONE FEDERAL DR
FORT SNELLING, MN 55111 - 4050

E-Mail: [email protected]

Additional Contact: (612) 970-5499 FAX

Station 325: CLEVELAND, OHIO
Address: VARO
1240 E 9H ST
CLEVELAND, OH 44199 - 2001

E-Mail: [email protected]

Additional Contact: (216) 522-3610

seattle98116

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Washington
Getting on the VA panel is almost next to impossible. After they opened it up a few years back, they flooded thier pool and now aren't taking any new appraisers on unless there is a specific need. There are some other recent threads on the forum about this as well.
Good Luck,
Justin

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Are you a veteran? Can you say, preference points?

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Tim:

I got on 5 years ago, from what I understand the list is closed. Plus yo're not missing much...1 order every three weeks, plus a mandatory one day training class every year. All for the great fee of below my normal fees. But hey I can say I'm on right?

Dennis

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Alabama
I'd love to know who's on the VA pannel in my area. If I find a comp that appears to have sold for too much, 90% of the time its got a VA loan. Then more than half of the foreclosure work I've done recently is on VA loans....

CCAAMO

Professional Status
State
California
Tim:

I got on 5 years ago, from what I understand the list is closed. Plus yo're not missing much...1 order every three weeks, plus a mandatory one day training class every year. All for the great fee of below my normal fees. But hey I can say I'm on right?

Brian, what fee is VA paying in your area? The Fee in Southern California is $400 for a LAPP and $425 for a Liquidation. The average market fee for non VA appraisals is ( or maybe I should say was) $350. Hell you got appraiser here and in other states charging as little as $100. I get maybe 4 VA appraisals a year, I would be happy to get one every 3 weeks at $400.:shrug:

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
We get $300 for LAPP and $325 for Liquidation. Plus we get all thehassle of dealing with three different groups that wants status. I would love $400-425...but they keep threatening to raise our fees, but never do :(

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
I'd love to know who's on the VA pannel in my area. If I find a comp that appears to have sold for too much, 90% of the time its got a VA loan. Then more than half of the foreclosure work I've done recently is on VA loans....

You make a statement like that, which I doubt is true, and all the Realtors accuse VA Appraisers of coming in low. The statement is absurd on it's face. The same appraisers that are doing work for the VA are also doing Conventional, FHA, and everything every other appraiser is doing. Why do you think that the VA went out of their way a few years ago to come up with the "Tidewater Initiative"? I live in the so called Tidewater area and was part of the earliest experimentation with that initiative. It requires a VA Appraiser to notify the lender( VA is the client in a VA Appraisal) or the lenders designated point of contact if the appraised value is likely to be below the sales price. Then the lender or POC has 48 hours to supply the appraiser with any data they wish the appraiser to consider prior to completion of the assignment. Personally, I have never changed my opinion as a result of the initiative. But, it was the VA's way of addressing the perception of low value on VA loans. It is now a nationwide requirement and has been for some time. So, your argument that VA appraisals are higher than other appraisals, IMNSHO is all wet. As to foreclosures. In my market the VA foreclosures are actually down. I did my first VA Forecloure(Liquidation) appraisal last month for the first time in over a year. I use to do a dozen or more a year.

Each Regional office maintains a list of VA Fee Panel Appraisers. I doubt they will share that with you but you could always ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks