• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Village of Hempstead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
NASSAU COUNTY
SOLE ASSESSOR
The Village of Hempstead is looking for a NYS Certified Assessor with four years experience in municipal assessment. Continuing education requirements met through 2008. Assists in appraising real property according to cost, income or market approaches. Reviews requests for various exemptions and/or deductions.

Must have knowledge of real property valuations and N.Y.S. Assessor's Manual.

Fax resumes to (516) 489-4285 or email [email protected]
Posted 01 Dec 07

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Are they suppling body armor???

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Fringe Benefit :icon_mrgreen:

ginna currie

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Why do u think u need body armour here? My family has lived here since 1939 and no one in my family has been shot. It is not that bad of a Village. What tony neighborhood do u live in Tony.. p.s. do u do FHA.. i owe u one.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Why do u think u need body armour here? My family has lived here since 1939 and no one in my family has been shot. It is not that bad of a Village. What tony neighborhood do u live in Tony.. p.s. do u do FHA.. i owe u one.

I agree with Ginna. With the exception of Terrace Ave. and parts of the Heights, Hempstead is fine. My best friend just retired from the PD there and he will tell you the same thing. I know there are gang problems in the schools (MS13) these days but that is true for many ethically diverse school districts on LI. FYI Ginna, Tony V comes from the land of no curbs and cars for lawn ornaments, somewhere out near exit 753 on the LIE.....:rof:

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York

Ginna....I actually worked at Hempstead Ford for a while in 2003, so I know the area.....However, I believe that back in Feb when the original posting was going on there were several insidents in the area, thus the comment....

BTW 11720 is not tony..:rof: and yes I am FHA.....

Lost Cause

Professional Status
State
New York
As a one-time Garden City resident, I can tell you many Village of Hempstead horror stories. There are some nice parts of Hempstead, but not all that many.

ginna currie

Professional Status
State
New York
Monroe anyone?

As a one-time Garden City resident, I can tell you many Village of Hempstead horror stories. There are some nice parts of Hempstead, but not all that many.

You did not live in Hempstead, nor work there like tony, ergo, your horror stories were probably limited or from secondary, or tertiary sources.

anywho, do u know of anyone who will do an FHA job in Monroe- New York, Orange County? I have a referral for whoever wants it.

It appears FHA is the new way to get a loan thru with the higher limits. I have had to turn down several jobs... I know I would rather give it to the ethical and smart NY appraisers in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks