• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Virginia Trainees

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERMCLEMOXX

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Virginia
I've been trying to get together fellow trainees in Virginia who lack hours that are interested in paying for practicum courses. I dont know what your financial situation is but would you be interested in this if I can find one or two qualified istructors to create the course? I need a list of about 500+, to present to the VA Appraisal Board for consideration. I think this is really an opportunity for novice trainees to get high quality training in consideration of real world situations, because these practicums would have to be approved by the state and AQB. It would also change the way licensed appraisers look at trainees.....in essense we are the future of this business.

In my opinion most supervisors are basically instructors as well in a sense, its curious the board doesnt motivate supervisors to become instructor certified by taking on trainees (or get credit), thus they could also teach practicums to trainees seeking experience until they fill out there hours or find clients. Its a win win situation if there are enough interested trainees and the AQB will approve the practicums...as well as the state.

FYI anyone else who reads this I'd like to hear your input.

J.

daniels4paws

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Virginia
Another question, I'm not clear as who can supervise trainees now. One appraiser I talked with says only certified and general can supervise trainees now and not residental appraisers. Are you clear on the supervision. When I spoke with our state agency in December I was told that I would fall under the old guidlines and not the new rules that become effective 1/1/08. Any clarification you have would be appreciated.

JERMCLEMOXX

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Virginia
The supervisor must be certified, or General.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Send me an e-mail. I will advise as best I can. It is a good idea. However, virginia is a large state. you would need a practicum for specific areas. i would do one through our local school(Alpha College of Real Estate) if there were enough people interested.

[email protected]

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Don, might be something good down the road for folks being disciplined by the state(s) boards. Rather than the obligatory USPAP class and Sales Comparison class as punsiment (the NC punishment de jour), have some folks spend some real seat time in a Practicum class. I know VA charges substantial $$$ for viloations, how about 1/2 hours and 1/2 $$$? 16 hours for some of the abuses I have seen is simply not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks