• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Walgreens closing more stores in SF

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Oakland defunded the police and wanted to use some of its budget to help the community like providing after school activities. The council people there felt early intervention will help solve the crime problem.
Which has been going on for decades across the country. How has that worked out

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Which has been going on for decades across the country. How has that worked out
Early intervention may help the younger generation.
Those who are 18+ olds need different kind of disincentives in doing criminal activities. Defunding police has never been the answer.

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Early intervention may help the younger generation.
Those who are 18+ olds need different kind of disincentives in doing criminal activities. Defunding police has never been the answer.
Programs they have been using for years are nothing more than substitutions for good parenting. That is where it needs to start. By the time children are old enough to take advantage of these programs. The die has been cast

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Walgreens making SF look bad.
SF mayor is pushing back saying Walgreens were closing because of lower revenues and not the retail thefts.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Kinda dumb. No retailer is working with markups that would compensate for large scale "shrinkage" losses.

The city (and the state) have actively stepping away from protecting retailers' property rights. That's one of the few minimum functions govt does have, and they're screwing it up.

Charles West

Professional Status
State
California
You guys need to quit re-electing the same goons over and over. You just had a chance to get rid of the head goon and he was approved
Hey it's not like we aren't trying. I've was born in LA and don't have a clue what happened to collective societal thinking in the intervening years, like some strange alternative world scenario has taken over, up is down, 2 + 2 = 3, yada yada. This permissive mindset probably boils down to a bunch of naïve, spoiled brats turned into naïve, spoiled and now self-important adults who have been anointed to tell the rest of us what to do and more importantly, how to do it. The rest of us, silentus majoritius, have been too busy with ourselves and our daily lives to pay much attention. Plus, it's about 60D to 40R out here in beautiful sunny CA and until that changes, or more Ds wake up (opposite of woke), it looks like loony toons prevails into the indefinite future.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
SF mayor is pushing back saying Walgreens were closing because of lower revenues and not the retail thefts.

Given the Mayor's vast business education, experience and acumen, who could quibble with her analysis?

Stantheman

Professional Status
State
Washington
No, I didn't vote in the recall. Glad I didn't waste my time.
Early this year, Oakland defunded the police and wanted to use some of its budget to help the community like providing after school activities. The council people there felt early intervention will help solve the crime problem. This year so far, Oakland had many homicides. Highest I can remember. 50+ cops have quit and Oakland doesn't have enough police and the murders continue. It's bad.
Take this to heart my friend.

If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

Reactions: DTB

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Gee. Who would think that daily substantial thefts would result in a decrease in revenue. Not only has the product been stolen (a loss). You no longer have that product to sell.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks