• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Want to decline AppraisalPort order, but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esox

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
....it appears we have to agree to the user agreement to get on to the site to look at the request and decline it. We haven't done an appraisal that came through AP in a loooonnngg time.

Am I stupid, or is there a way to decline this request without clicking yes to the dreaded agreement? I don't want the thing to just languish there. Seems unprofessional. It's an REO request in which I'm not interested.

Kevin

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
....it appears we have to agree to the user agreement to get on to the site to look at the request and decline it. We haven't done an appraisal that came through AP in a loooonnngg time.

Am I stupid, or is there a way to decline this request without clicking yes to the dreaded agreement? I don't want the thing to just languish there. Seems unprofessional. It's an REO request in which I'm not interested.

Kevin

Kevin,
I believe you can email the contact, if one is provided. If not, simply ignoring the order will result in it being reassigned to someone very shortly.

Bearslide

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
The ONLY way to avoid that user agreement is to close the account. You can't even pay an outstanding bill without clicking "yes" to the agreement.

I closed the account and then notified all clients WHY I was closing the account. If you leave it open and have clients email you orders, they will still get pushed through the port. I would think even that would make you liable for the agreement if you leave it open.

PE is correct - if you know who the client is, notify them why you won't accept.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I just performed my first appraisal through AP in December 2008. I could only accept the assignment agreeing with the AP’s contract. I stated in the report I could only communicate and deliver the appraisal as an AI ready report with the acceptance of the AP agreement.

I stated in the report the client at any time can request a PDF file of this report so they may possess a true copy of the report as is it exist within my work file. I do not like clicking yes to an agreement on-line, but I do not want to forfeit the work. I do not fear the AP agreement.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
I was faced with the same issue. But, the client did call first. i said i do not and will not use AP. They sent the order by Fax and asked me to send the report by PDF, full fee. But, it is in an isolated area where few appraisers choose to go. Also wanted it by next Monday. i said, nope, I am too busy right now. I made the appointment for next monday.

Thankfully we are busy again. December was better than November, and I am now getting 2-3 assignments a day. I love it. Hope it last awhile.

Attachments

• New Year.jpg
    New Year.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 10

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Canada
I just performed my first appraisal through AP in December 2008. I could only accept the assignment agreeing with the AP’s contract. I stated in the report I could only communicate and deliver the appraisal as an AI ready report with the acceptance of the AP agreement.

I stated in the report the client at any time can request a PDF file of this report so they may possess a true copy of the report as is it exist within my work file. I do not like clicking yes to an agreement on-line, but I do not want to forfeit the work. I do not fear the AP agreement.

IF you don't fear the agreement why are you bothering to put such statements in your reports and why are you bothering to inform any client what you say a "true" copy of your workfile report may or may not be?

Somehow I don't think telling us you don't fear that agreement has done a thing to convince yourself of that... ;)

The Dog

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon

Those two statements are in contradiction. If I do not fear that anyone takes and alters my data, I do not have to put a weasel clause in the report. Think about what you just stated.

The two statements are mutually exclusive. Just say NO to the AP agreement. IT IS LIBERATING to get rid of crap like that.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I do maybe 5-10 assignments a year for a particular lender that has just started using AP. The fees are four digits. I was not going forfeit a four digit assignment because of an AP agreement. I do not believe the AI Ready report is a facsimile of my report in my work file. So I make a statement within the report for this reason. I do not fear this one sided AP agreement. The lender stated I will go to the bottom of the list if I do not use AP. AP can do anything they want the appraisal. I have not spoken with my E & O provider, Kevin

I never knew how big of a problem we have in our industry with the low opinion we have of each other. A dog calling a person a weasel, nice way to start a new year Mr. Dog and one more reason not to participate in this forum.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I do not believe the AI Ready report is a facsimile of my report in my work file.

USPAP defines the report as the thing you transmitted to the the client. If you tansmitted an AIReady file, then THAT is your report, regardless of what is in your workfile.(U-4, lines 130-135)

Of course, that should not be a problem because there is the opportunity to preview the report after conversion and prior to transmission, so everyone who uses AIReady should know EXACTLY what is sent.

I do not fear this one sided AP agreement.

I don't fear it either - because I apply a true digital signature that will let any reader know if a report has been altered.

I talked with my E&O company. They said my E&O covers only my actions, and that is all that it has ever covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks