• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Wanted; A "Good" Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
Come one Julio, why would you want a "conservative" appraiser when you can get a really "good" appraiser?

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Well, at least the respondant understands.

"Good grief man. It´s worth what it´s worth and a "good" appraiser will tell you that. by Al Gore September 26, 2002"

Al Gore the former VP of the USA is an appraiser ? Politics must be a tuff job these days.

Everybody from this forum should log on and drive this guy nuts !

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Don't bad mouth my 7th cousin Al...(we're all cousins in TN & AR) Our family tree doesn't have all that many branches you know.

Grand Jct. I remember it well.....I worked for a guy there (1981) who owned a $60,000 condo and bought a $96,000 house at 18% interest (mind you this may be a $400,000 house today.) The condo deal fell thru, the oil patch died, the guy owed me a good chunk of change. I sued to collect the promissary note & managed to get a lien of both properties. A mortgage company calls in a panic and offers me $1,000 to trade lien positions with them. My lein had beat theirs to the bank when the lenders each took seconds on the other property. No dice.

One day a lady called and said that if I would release the condo, she could sell it for $56,000 and he could pay me. I said, OK. Send me $6,000 or whatever the total he still owed me & it was done deal. She started to argue with me. I said, call my lawyer - Eliz. Jordan, if i recall her name correctly. She calls back laughing and said the agent asked the same and Liz asked her what her commission would be on the sale - $3,360. Liz said, OK, send us a check for $3,360 and we will release it, then YOU can get your money out of the deadbeat at closing!! Deal fell thru. I eventually garnisheed his bank account and collected...or Liz did - about the best darn attorney I ever hired! Hope she's still there collecting off other bums!

Tater Salad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Julio, are you "Al Gore" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks