• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Was 3rd Q Growth Really That Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
So how many jobs were created to propel that GDP growth? Or was this book entry form of growth?

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Doesn't matter now,
that the FBI sent a new letter to Congress that it has found new/more emails that need appropriate investigate steps.

Sent the market into a deep dive.

Guess we now know who was priced in.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Doesn't matter now,
that the FBI sent a new letter to Congress that it has found new/more emails that need appropriate investigate steps.

Sent the market into a deep dive.

Guess we now know who was priced in.
Guessing we read from the same source. That headline confused me a little but you have cleared up the connection for me :beer:

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Nothing unusual. It was those early sales of soybeans that boosted the economy...???

The acceleration in real GDP growth in the third quarter reflected an upturn in private inventory investment, an acceleration in exports, a smaller decrease in state and local government spending, and an upturn in federal government spending. These were partly offset by a smaller increase in PCE, and a larger increase in imports.

Exports surged 10%, imports 2.3%.

https://mishtalk.com/2016/10/28/real-gdp-increases-2-9-led-by-exports-expect-revisions/

I read this as bad news. Inventory is accumulating because sales are falling. As you know in modern day retailing, you match your production with sales to minimize the cost of holding inventory. GDP calculates a positive for growing inventory however, it is a negative when inventory is depleted. Increased federal spending is not good news either. Just wait for 2017 for the increased subsidies for ObamaCare, GDP will really take off! :rof:

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Dakota
Due to everything being political theses days, is there even a source that is considered credible when it comes to the US economy? The figures are always released to coincide with an election or house vote and if an individual dares to question the accuracy of the press release they are labeled a subversive. The politicians, special interest groups and lobbyists manage our economy and I've grown tired of doubting them. Ask me and I'll say our economy is robust and things have never been brighter. ACA is also wonderful. Now, where do I sign up to be on the receiving end of the goodies?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Now, where do I sign up to be on the receiving end of the goodies?

Food Stamps: To apply for benefits, or for information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, contact your local SNAP office. You can find local offices and each State's application on our national map. Local offices are also listed in the State or local government pages of the telephone book

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/apply

Many seniors who are struggling in these tough economic times may not be aware that they are eligible for food stamps. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) -- the official name of the food stamp program -- helps low-income seniors buy the food they need.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
They can also get Meals on Wheels, free, already cooked dinners delivered to their door.

ABOUT MEALS ON WHEELS
Meals on Wheels operates in virtually every community in America through our network of more than 5,000 independently-run local programs. While the diversity of each program's services and operations may vary based on the needs and resources of their communities, they are all committed to supporting their senior neighbors to live healthier and more nourished lives in their own homes.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Dakota
Food Stamps: To apply for benefits, or for information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, contact your local SNAP office. You can find local offices and each State's application on our national map. Local offices are also listed in the State or local government pages of the telephone book

http://www.fns.USDA.gov/snap/apply

Many seniors who are struggling in these tough economic times may not be aware that they are eligible for food stamps. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) -- the official name of the food stamp program -- helps low-income seniors buy the food they need.
Randolph If I’m going to commit fraud, I’d rather go for a fortune than peanuts. Maybe something similar to the Solyndra green energy scam, an AMC which specializes in certifying green properties and charges the taxpayer a $200 per report and requires the appraiser to pay an additional $200 per report for the privilege of helping save the planet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks