• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Was Joan Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad hampton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Possibly, but that's true for most politicians. I wonder what you thoughts would be if she was meeting with some of the big time republican deregulation congressmen? You know, the ones that wouldn't even accept an offer to sit down. If you think Maxine takes money, you better bring a big giant bag of it to sit down with the corporate republicans.

I'm a fan of anyone who wants to hear about our issues. Of course, I'm not jaded by cable news.

KeyWhiz

Professional Status
State
Nevada
What does it matter if the legislator is a Republican or a Democrat as long as what they do benefits our industry and personal bottom line?

I’ll take what I can get from either party. Make the best of it. And leave it to the rest of you to spin the credit/blame as best suits your personal ideologies later. :)

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Possibly, but that's true for most politicians. I wonder what you thoughts would be if she was meeting with some of the big time republican deregulation congressmen? You know, the ones that wouldn't even accept an offer to sit down. If you think Maxine takes money, you better bring a big giant bag of it to sit down with the corporate republicans.

I'm a fan of anyone who wants to hear about our issues. Of course, I'm not jaded by cable news.
I have personally met her and it's not about her being a Democrat- She is a blithering idiot and has done nothing for he community , last time I checked she didn't even live in it. But anyway she loves to put on show trials were she pretends to be coming down on the bankers, they all sit there with their heads held down in shame and then when the lights and screen actors leave its right back to business as usual- Maxine does not have the capability of even understnding what JT'S issue is. - Hell she didnt even know student loans have been all govt- since about 2012 and grilled all the money cener banks CEOs for an-hour before someone took her aside and told her the banks didn't do them anymore. Whats scary is her staff is as ignorant as she is otherwise they would have laid out a script for her.

KeyWhiz

Professional Status
State
Nevada
I have personally met her and it's not about her being a Democrat- She is a blithering idiot and has done nothing for he community , last time I checked she didn't even live in it. But anyway she loves to put on show trials were she pretends to be coming down on the bankers, they all sit there with their heads held down in shame and then when the lights and screen actors leave its right back to business as usual- Maxine does not have the capability of even understnding what JT'S issue is. - Hell she didnt even know student loans have been all govt- since about 2012 and grilled all the money cener banks CEOs for an-hour before someone took her aside and told her the banks didn't do them anymore. Whats scary is her staff is as ignorant as she is otherwise they would have laid out a script for her.
Fascinating, but what does that have to do with Joan being able to lobby her to pass things in our favor? Hell, her being an idiot might make such things easier?

You gotta work with the system as it is. Or maybe we should all just sit around and wait for some really smart, pro-appraisal industry Republican to chair the committee?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Fascinating, but what does that have to do with Joan being able to lobby her to pass things in our favor? Hell, her being an idiot might make such things easier?

You gotta work with the system as it is. Or maybe we should all just sit around and wait for some really smart, pro-appraisal industry Republican to chair the committee?
You cannot lobby someone when their life long career has only one goal and that is to raise money - Worse she would have no idea what Joan is even talking about . Bottom line is VCAPP or other organizations do this to try and rally their depressed troops and get new membership - I have no problem with that but they simply do not have the cash it takes to get Maxine interested but it will make for a nice vacation for JT and the crew :)

KeyWhiz

Professional Status
State
Nevada
You cannot lobby someone when their life long career has only one goal and that is to raise money - Worse she would have no idea what Joan is even talking about . Bottom line is VCAPP or other organizations do this to try and rally their depressed troops and get new membership - I have no problem with that but they simply do not have the cash it takes to get Maxine interested but it will make for a nice vacation for JT and the crew :)
And things went so much better for appraisers back when Henserling was heading up the committee?

chad hampton

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Knowing a few of their members the way I do, vcap is a tremendous state coalition. Their members and leaders are interested in one thing and one thing only, making the appraisal profession better for appraisers. They are not a moneymaking organization. If every state had a coalition of strong as vcap, and some do, this profession would be in a lot better shape. Why any appraiser in Virginia is not a member of vcap, I will never understand.

KeyWhiz

Professional Status
State
Nevada
It seems to me that JT or whoever else would at least have a shot with Waters by appealing to her on grounds of consumer protection/reigning in the big banks.

Maybe it works or maybe it doesn’t but someone else has a better idea?

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
This will only end in more regulations that are interpreted and enforced by bureaucrats who aren’t appraisers.

"Our ancestors were builders and pioneers and mostly fearless. We are regulators, auditors, bureaucrats, adjudicators, censors, critics, plaintiffs, defendants, social media junkies and thin-skinned scolds. A distant generation created; we mostly delay, idle and gripe.”

Victor David Hanson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks