• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Watch out for Deer

SouthShore

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Today was the 6th time I hit a Deer. Today was on the Northern State after 46 going/coming up to the Vets merge. Wiped out the Front and as per Insurance they are trashing the Car. It was HUGE Buck (I have been a Hunter for some 45 years) that went from the mid to the Southern Side East Bound. The Trooper said it is happening often in the Smithtown / Hauppauge Area. Keep a guard up as it totally ruined a schedule when I was to be in Amagansett by 4. I expect this in the East End but NOT in the Middle of the Island.

Last edited:

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I've heard that hunters can go an entire season without even seeing a deer....
You hitting a deer 6 times must make you the envy of many a hunter.... :unsure: :)

Carlos Danger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I had 6 or 7 dear jump the guard rail and run into the side of my car in PA.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
I had 6 or 7 dear jump the guard rail and run into the side of my car in PA.
They were afraid you might want to move here.

:flowers: jk

But there is a very large deer population this year, and acorn and nuts are plentiful because of the long rainy season this year, so the deer are larger.

But the deer are also darker in color, and the wooley bear caterpillars are saying, lay in some extra firewood, it's gonna be a cold long winter.

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I live down by Hecksher State Park and they are all over the place and have been since we moved here over thirty years ago. So far, no trophies for me, thankfully. My son was driving and a deer darted out and hit his car broadside on the passenger side door. Something spooked it and it bolted into his car. what a mess.

gregb

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
Speaking of revenge...:)

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
You hitting a deer 6 times must make you the envy of many a hunter
I have so many in my back yard, it's no challenge anymore...
Shot this picture from my bathroom window before dawn...very dark pix so not great quality, for reference the bale wagon in background is only 150 yards away.
dark deer (Medium).JPG

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks