• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

We are at a crossroads in the appraisal profession

Status
Not open for further replies.

George W Dodd

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
As you already know, the appraisal reports we send to our clients using methods such as AIReady, eAppraiseIT, and other “portals” are being altered, re-formatted, and photographs, maps, sketches, and other addendums are being removed prior to the report reaching the Client. And in many cases, our SIGNATURES are being removed and sent as a separate jpeg file.

We are at a crossroads in the appraisal profession. As individuals we lack the power to challenge these unregulated entities because in large part they control the purse strings and our livelihood depends on the work they send us. And there is no professional organization speaking out for our interests.

But there is something we can do; together we have a chance to effect change. But I need your help. Attached is a petition to the Appraisal Board that I am asking you to sign and fax back to me. I have also attached some “proof” for you to consider; and if you have any questions please call me and I can point you in the right direction to find the source of the information.

At the next Appraisal Board meeting, February 26, 2008, I will request that the Board level the playing field by enacting specific regulations that protect both the public and appraisers. If you agree that something needs to be done then please sign the petition and send it back. And if you could, send a copy to every appraiser you know. The more support we can generate the higher the probability the Board will act.

Attachments

• Petition.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 57

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Gosh George....you sure are asking for the moon!!!

Appraisers that complain about this issue (and others) are far too busy complaining about this issue (and others) to use any of their valuable time actually trying to make a difference for change. Man, you have some nerve asking people to help themselves instead of waiting for someone else to do it for them.

(mine has already been faxed to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks