• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

We have replaced the previous appraisal QC requirements ...

Sadie

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oregon
Could this be the reason I got 4 revision requests for the client to determine the decks on a manufactured home were the properly constructed? (thats how many times it took for the client to decide they were ok). Or the reason an client told me my bathroom count was wrong based on photos, the adjustments were wrong, I didn't have comps to bracket everything. All amenities were bracketed, all elements of the property explained and all of my bathroom photos included all elements required for a full bath.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Could this be the reason I got 4 revision requests for the client to determine the decks on a manufactured home were the properly constructed? (thats how many times it took for the client to decide they were ok). Or the reason an client told me my bathroom count was wrong based on photos, the adjustments were wrong, I didn't have comps to bracket everything. All amenities were bracketed, all elements of the property explained and all of my bathroom photos included all elements required for a full bath.
Doesnt sound like these revisions had any thing to do with past or current guidelines. Something triggered the Underwriter or reviewer asking about the decks being properly constructed ? Either the photos showed decks that didn't look right or the appraiser mentioned there lack of quality in the report. Also Manufactured Homes are typically reviewed way more carefully then stick built homes and finally sometimes the lenders underwiters are located in an-area where manufactured are not common and so the UW doesn't know what she is doing. In may area I have not done a manufactured in over 25 years and would not-even take one because I have no idea what the hell I am doing : )

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
THE New Review Criteria and Format >>>

"worksheet to assist lenders in meeting our Selling Guide requirement for postclosing appraisal reviews (D1-3-04, Lender Post-Closing Quality Control Review of Appraisers and Appraisals)."

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
THE New Review Criteria and Format >>>

"worksheet to assist lenders in meeting our Selling Guide requirement for postclosing appraisal reviews (D1-3-04, Lender Post-Closing Quality Control Review of Appraisers and Appraisals)."

Thanks Mike- Yes I see the format is different and more things added to it. Actually this is a good list for a Pre-Funding Guideline because the Underwriter or Reviewer could catch any major hick ups before funding the loan. On a Post closing it's difficult to fix an-tissue after the horse gets out of the gate. I am going-to use this myself to double check my-own reports and to use on desk reviews. Kinda like the Old FHA VC Sheets when they eliminated those I started seeing more and more issues with FHA because the VC gave the appraiser a road map. I bet my HOC gets a thousand E-mails a day asking things about 4000.1 when many of these things could have been incorporated in the old VC sheets.

Sadie

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Just curious if anyone has noticed any changes since May 5th?

I have responded before, but I am seeing what appears to be a copy/paste from some sort of report and asking me to fix what ever this copy/paste thing is. The problem is, some of these appear to be comments and not areas of the report that needs a revision. Maybe a little more lender training is needed?

Sadie

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Doesnt sound like these revisions had any thing to do with past or current guidelines. Something triggered the Underwriter or reviewer asking about the decks being properly constructed ? Either the photos showed decks that didn't look right or the appraiser mentioned there lack of quality in the report. Also Manufactured Homes are typically reviewed way more carefully then stick built homes and finally sometimes the lenders underwiters are located in an-area where manufactured are not common and so the UW doesn't know what she is doing. In may area I have not done a manufactured in over 25 years and would not-even take one because I have no idea what the hell I am doing : )
They were looking for specific verbiage, which they finally flat out asked me about.

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
always better to talk directly about what they want, verses mumbling thru AMC email.
maybe it would be nice to invite underwriters to our thread. they see all the secrete layers of info the CU can show. we are the unholy not able to see that info. the few that i have talked to were pretty informative about what CU was showing. a lot of time CU isn't specific, but the underwriter gets a feel for certain issues. learned that about having to make an adjustment on a c1 row verses a c2 new rehab row. i didn't see buyers seeing a difference, but CU expected an adjustment. so that solved a red flag. i do a lot of new or rehabd sales, also have built and rehabd homes. also sold homes a long time ago. but i adjusted my thinking to CU for a better score, maybe it was right. but i would NEVER be right by my way, according to it.
the list above with everything on it is fine for beginners, if you do enough FHA, and do it the right way, there are no appraisal issues FHA or fannie wise.

Sadie

Professional Status
State
Oregon
always better to talk directly about what they want, verses mumbling thru AMC email.
maybe it would be nice to invite underwriters to our thread. they see all the secrete layers of info the CU can show. we are the unholy not able to see that info. the few that i have talked to were pretty informative about what CU was showing. a lot of time CU isn't specific, but the underwriter gets a feel for certain issues. learned that about having to make an adjustment on a c1 row verses a c2 new rehab row. i didn't see buyers seeing a difference, but CU expected an adjustment. so that solved a red flag. i do a lot of new or rehabd sales, also have built and rehabd homes. also sold homes a long time ago. but i adjusted my thinking to CU for a better score, maybe it was right. but i would NEVER be right by my way, according to it.
the list above with everything on it is fine for beginners, if you do enough FHA, and do it the right way, there are no appraisal issues FHA or fannie wise.
It was the underwriter with the incomprehensible request. The AMC was just relaying the messages

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks