• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

We Need An Appraisers Organization Like This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I have found a Home Inspectors Organization that I just can not believe! It is a non-profit organization and do they ever work to promote the Inspector!! If we had an Appraiser group like this we would be fighting to join!!

Nation Association of Certified Home Inspectors

First thing that impressed me was you have to take a test to be a member. Just because you are willing to pay the fee doesn't mean you are in. I took the test and it is hard!! Passing score is 75 and they say over 50% fail the test.

Here are some of their Promo ideas:

You can sign up Realtors for their special Realtors newsletter. It is supposed to be VERY Realtor oriented and just has a small plug NACHI with links to the Members data base. They say they have a 99% acceptance rate from Realtors because it is Realtor oriented news, not Home Inspection Promotion.

I can have them send a really top of the line mouse pad with a gel wrist rest to all the Realtors I want. It has a promo cartoon on it for NACHI and a link to the inspectors search site. It costs me nothing! I have a similar pad and I love mine! It's not a cheapo mouse pad.

They require CE for member but they offer most of it free. I even saw where they accept an on-line class about insulation from Owens Corning web site and other Companies. They even have a video library that I can check out CE videos and books. Most groups just want your money each year and nothing else!

I was reading that they have almost closed a deal with a major nationwide Realtor chain to recommend NACHI inspectors exclusively. Details are forthcoming on that one.

They will pay you for promoting NACHI and of course the members. For example if I sponsor a Softball Team they will help pay for uniforms and equipment.

If I get NACHI mentioned in a publication they will pay me for it. And thats just a few of the ways they work to promote themselves and the members. As I said if we had an Appraiser Organization like this we would be begging to join! I have never seen a group that was so dedicated to Promotion.

What convinced me to join was this. I have to belong to an approved Profession Group to get Licensed as a Home Inspector in Alabama. Years ago I chose the cheapest I could find because I don't feel like any group actually did anything but collect our money. Even though I didn't meet all the requirements at the time the group I joined "managed" to get me approved. (Meaning my check cleared so I was approved.)

Just found out about NACHI this past week. Since I was impressed I emailed and asked them if they had tried to get approved with the Building Commission in Alabama. Within 3 hours they had jumped through all the hoops and were approved in AL and emailed me back with the information. Talk about being impressed!

Also If I were a member they would have paid me $200 for that tip. Since I was not a members Nick offered me a free membership which is more than the $200 fee they pay.

I am just blown away by these folks! I am sending in my application today!

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
Jeff you might want to edit the headline for this post. Before opening the post up entirely from the main page, it reads "We Need an Appraisers Organ"........this might be misconstrued by some, maybe not by others.....plus after that Supreme Court ruling this week people might give people the wrong idea. :)

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
:rofl: You need a larger monitor Bobby. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks