• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

We Never Heard of You Either, and NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
<span style='color:blue'>Received a C.O.D. request from a company we never worked for before, did the job and sent it. This is the e-mail we received back.

"Can you also send a nice basic appraisal for a SFR and a Multi-Family.
Hope that isn't too much to ask. You did an excellent job on this one. I
need this because my company doesn't know you at all.
Thanks"
</span>

:cry:

John Hassler

Professional Status
State
California
Email them back:

"As soon as you send me an order for a 'nice basic appraisal' COD". :lol:

John Hassler

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I don't get many request for samples; but for those few times, I have made up some reports to send. The addresses don't exist, and the comps don't either. I just change the dates to be current before sending them out. And of course in the comments it's noted that this is only a sample report to show the typical quality of work. Got the idea from the forum. :D

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
I don't get many request for samples; but for those few times, I have made up some reports to send. The addresses don't exist, and the comps don't either. I just change the dates to be current before sending them out. :D

Thanks for the idea, but...

#1 Who has time?
#2 They already have an appraisal report in their hand that they love....That's a sample, I think :roll:

I also think that was an absurd request, under the circumstances. But then, I must save my thinking for my appraisals... :D

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Well, just politely say that you don't have time now. Gotta take care of the real appraisal request. But be sweet, I know you can be...... your avitar is not mean at all :lol: But you may end up liking the potential new client enough to fire someone else. :wink:

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Sweet? Me?

What a crock they gave me :!:

Now they've called and asked for samples, REAL ones, with all the names, addresses, etc. I explained I couldn't do that, and that they already had an appraisal they liked, and that was the sample.

Then they gave me the story that they have 40 loan officers and they need these samples so we could get approved so they could give us lots and lots of work. I politely, yes...politely, told them that we didn't want any more work, were 3 weeks behind now and were not adding any new clients. We did this one because they begged and begged and that was it.

Then they came out with the guns....."O.K., we can't use your appraisal so we'll call the borrower and tell them you won't cooperate".....

I put the check in the bank this morning...sure hope it gets through before they stop payment.

Anybody else want this company??? New Jersey appraisers...here's one for you!

jtrotta

Charlotte

ahhh, the old "git on the approved list routine" :lol: :lol: jes tell em yer on the largest approved list fer the entire country and any Federally Related transaction's;

Say Hello to my little friends; qualified & more than qualified - "Federally Certified & State Licensed" - 8O :lol: :lol: :wink:

doncha just loves this binez

8)

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Charlotte,

New Jersey appraisers go to DE????? Ha! You can have them. I turned down 2 in DE this week..some mortgage moron off the internet looking for appraisals in New Castle county.....Man..you DE people must be PO'ing lots of lenders down there that they're calling NJ guys to pick-up the slack for you..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Get to work. Stop going to the bank and depositing all that money.....think of how many more appraisals you could do in that time frame.

Ben (Known to be south of the canal, sometimes)

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I have been through the boon days of the 80's and the saving and loan crises in Dallas but I have never seen it this busy. There was a fellow who called me from Peoria who needed an appraisal of a convention center and was willing to pay double the going rate for serves. I just could not help him, I am out nearly two months and working till midnight many times. He said he understood, he has heard the same story from at least 6 commercial appraisers.

I take a similar philosophy, serve your existing clients. The ones who saw you through the rough times. They will still be there when the market slows. Further, it never pays to be curse with anyone, from the fast food guy to a CEO. We are not allowed to do a lot of things but smile, say thank you and I appreciate your business are not on the list. I am glad business is good. God has blessed us. In fact with all the extra income I bought a Gibson Les Paul, my dream guitar. I am looking at vintage XKE Jaguars on e-bay. This is stuff I would never buy unless my bank account was bloated. It has been a gooooooooooooood year. That is a fact.

Steve Vertin.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Charlotte,

New Jersey appraisers go to DE????? Ha! You can have them. I turned down 2 in DE this week..some mortgage moron off the internet looking for appraisals in New Castle county.....Ben (Known to be south of the canal, sometimes)

:lol: Well, the Joysie people might as well do the Delaware appraisals....after all, their second homes are already here :lol: (but not in the H----y area) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks