• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Weight Gain During Pandemic

Stantheman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
I don't have a personal trainer. I just wing it.
I read somewhere as long as I exercise and sweat, I'll be able to get rid of fat throughout my body.
However, my stomach still has that bulge I can't get rid.
I admit I still eat whatever I want. Should I concentrate on more stomach exercise?
Abdominal exercises work on your ab muscles not the fat. Also, if you do abdominal exercises don't forget to work the lower back too.
The best time to work out to lose fat is in morning before you've had breakfast, because most of your carbs are out of your system. Hit a machine for 30 minutes at your fat burning heart rate first (look up for age online).

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Abdominal exercises work on your ab muscles not the fat. Also, if you do abdominal exercises don't forget to work the lower back too.
The best time to work out to lose fat is in morning before you've had breakfast, because most of your carbs are out of your system. Hit a machine for 30 minutes at your fat burning heart rate first (look up for age online).
Interesting, for years no change in weight.
I exercise in early evening after finishing work. I do the machines last since I don't like to do the weights all sweaty and tired out.

Stantheman

Professional Status
State
Washington
Interesting, for years no change in weight.
I exercise in early evening after finishing work. I do the machines last since I don't like to do the weights all sweaty and tired out.
Here are some ideas to help you.
1. Don't eat after 7pm
2. Do cardio at least 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes
3. Don't look at the scale, it can be deceptive when your gaining muscle
4. In general don't eat a bunch of crap foods (keep foods like trail mix around to snack on)
5. Learn to cook healthier foods that you enjoy

If you do purchase a cardiovascular machine (stepper, treadmill, rower, bike) spend the money and get something good that can be used professionally.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
1. Dinner usually after 7 pm.
2. Cardion 2X a week for 15-20 minutes.
3. Stop looking at scale since nothing really changes.
4. Still eat crap food but also lots of greens (wife cooks it and have to eat it).

No need to buy machines since super gym has all the machines and weights you can imagine.
I usually stick with the same machines and less on leg machines because I walk the dog and figure I got enough exercise on lower body.
I usually take my blood pressure at midnight and numbers usually border line. Need to get it lower.
I noticed when I get "stressed" typing the report, my blood pressure goes up afterwards at night. Maybe I should stop taking the more complex appraisals.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
During the Great Recession when I was too busy with appraisals, my doctor said I could take medication or exercise to lower my cholesterol and blood pressure.
It was easy. Why waste time doing exercise if I could easily pop the pills.
It helped but I believe there were some side effects. All medicine has side effects. Might have affected my memory (or due to natural age).
I'm trying to wean off the pills with exercise.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks