• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

WELL. CAN YOU MAKE IT $ X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
I have just completed one of my first mortgage assignments in a few months.

It is not a regular client. Got a call from mortgage slime in So Cal.; and he couldn't get the service he was looking for so I told him I would handle it for an express fee.

It is due today and I am wrapping it up. He calls and I give the value. He says, " Well. Can you make it $ X? I said, "How do you do that? He said, "Oh underwriting doesn't really look at these".

He Blue1. I don't miss these.

Pine Tree

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maine
Good Greif.. No wonder he was looking for another appraiser! :silly: Tell him it's an opinion of value not a negotiation! And he just verified what we always have know about U/W's ! These guys used to be amusing ..... Now? :2gunfire: Peace! W

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Verne,

Chill out.......Hope you got paid at the door! :roll: Anyway, this is what we call a culling process.....Look at it this way....You'll probably not be bothered by them again....and if you are....NOW they know where you stand! :lol: :lol:

Mike Simpson

Verne-

I got a call about 6 months ago from a guy from So.Cal. Didn't know him from Adam, and he starts off the conversation with, "I got a rush job I need done right away (redundant). If you can do this for me I'll give you all my work."

Being the curious sort I ask, "Do you do much work up here?" "A ton," he says. "Well what happened to your last appraiser," I asked. Gettin irratated he says, "He dropped the ball on me, do you want the job or not."

"Nope, I've got more work than I can handle right now and we're not accepting anymore clients at this time, but thanks anyway." The silence on the other end was deafening!

Just from the tone in his voice I surmised, the last appraiser had probably failed to 'hit' his predetermined value, he was holding out a carrot with the promise of "tons" of future work, and he was definately somebody I wouldn't be compatible working for.

I don't have a problem with turning this stuff away anymore. I've gotten to the point in may career where I can smell a rat over the telephone.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks